i can't help you fix yourself but at least i can say i tried
korbin
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
Leave my loneliness unbroken!
- quit the bust above my door!
The words were a drop of water disrupting the still surface of a pond. Ripples spread, rose, billowed as hope surged, thoughts and ideas growing like flowers in the snow. Maybe Mort would give her back, maybe Ludo would bargain for something, maybe he could see her, hear her, feel her just one more time...

But then, it all faded, as quickly as it had begun. Because..  what then? Would he force her away from the others? From mom and dad, from Erebor? Even if the god of death relented, what was he dragging her back to? And if he could see her again, what would he say? What could she say, that would be any different from what he already knew?

She would tell him to keep going. That there was hope, that she wasn't everything. That she would be waiting, and he shouldn't hurry.

Korbin knew her. He didn't have to wonder why she had gone out there to fight. Why she hadn't asked him to come. He didn't have any questions.

It was never answers he needed. Only her presence in his life.

"There is no point," the raven said, after a silence that lasted an eternity.
Quoth the Raven,
"Nevermore."

Messages In This Thread
RE: i can't help you fix yourself but at least i can say i tried - by Korbin - 06-01-2020, 11:26 PM