I shout into open air, and all I hear is damnation
Open Positive God Experience
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Isuma wasn't precisely reassured, but she settled to watch her companion and his friend while nibbling the ears from her mousey snack. Jigano glanced fondly down at her before turning his attention back to Evie ruefully. "I suppose no more than before." A reminder of their Flowerbirth meeting, and the exchange of magics in mending a bird's wounded wing. "I had gone to apologize to Safrin for not being respectful enough to her in the past. She... toyed with me and then cast me out. For good, this time. I'll never see her again, likely, unless it's truly to be cursed." His smile was wan and forced as he spoke, a deeper wound beneath the surface that was still fresh enough to ache.

A lucky thing that the Voice was not mentioned; Jigano's luck with goddesses in general was particularly bad. Ludo, though, raised his spirits and his demeanor softened as he drew the raggedy god to mind. "The first time it was capricious and tried to scare me," he admitted with a fond chuckle for that night. "But it agreed to a deal with me and held it fast." No doubt that Ludo, at least, meant what it said, where Safrin did not. He hummed thoughtfully, falling in beside Evie so they could walk and stay warm while they talked. "It can be as changeable as the moon, and just as enduring," he sought to describe the soul guide. "In its white mask and ragged black robes, it has an eerie appearance. It likes to kind of 'spook' the living, I think." His smile turned wry. "But it's... comforting, too. Playful and almost childlike in the sorts of offerings it prefers. It seems to welcome prayers with purpose, but it's not vain like Safrin or forceful like Frey can be." He hesitated, then gave Evie an apologetic shrug. "It is impossible to predict, though. What will pique its interest on any given day or not... is hard to say."

He suspected he was on shaky ground, but he edged ahead tentatively anyways. "What drew you to Safrin's shrine?" Of all the gods, why that goddess?

Messages In This Thread
RE: I shout into open air, and all I hear is damnation - by Jigano - 06-10-2020, 08:41 PM