to be a light in the dark
Nephele!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 61 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I suppose to them
it's a terrifying thought
Ah, a follower of the old pantheon. Unexpected, but appreciated all the same. Nephele has never been particularly religious - though Ludo's rags around her slim shoulders and its words whispering in her ears may change that with time - but her respect for Rae's realm is undeniable. "Your people could be safe in our lands, as we advertised. All but the Ascended. Do you seek the bird only to re-home it then? Or to use it as a sort of weapon once more, as reasoning to remain in your lands?" Nephele is not unaware of the potential cut of her words. The woman seems to have a desire to shelter Rae's creatures, even if it's for the sake of Vi. But what is her ultimate goal? Whose lives matter more to her as LongNight approaches?

If she feels judged, it is likely because that is exactly what is happening. Practiced, scholarly fingers digging into meat and muscle, determining the mettle of this potential ally. Gauging how far she can go, how stalwart Amalia is in her beliefs. Far too many crumble in the face of what must be done, and Nephele will not reveal her quest only to have the woman spilling her secrets and goals. "She was murdered. We are still investigating the circumstances behind her demise." Whether they will ever find an answer, well, that is to be determined. Nephele would enact vengeance given the opportunity, but she will not linger on a dead woman's rule either. Her people need her more than Delah needs her to mourn. In this way, perhaps she can honor their former Chief.

Her conviction is strong, but Nephele does not give ground. Leaning closer though her legs remain rooted and immovable, like a mighty oak that has sprouted instantaneously from the snowy earth. "And her creations? What have you to say of their individual actions beyond the Blight? Do you care more for our forest than the people within it? You say you honor Vi - yet where is the judgement from your heirarchy? Where is our justice? My dead kin lay forgotten. Our honored spirit tree is defiled and desecrated. And your Queen claims innocence when we could demand a rightful war." Her words are like the hot snapping embers of a fire, crackling and ready to burn. "I cannot merely take you at your word. How far does your Shield reach? Do you protect the Voice's soldiers even as they murder? Do you only blame the creator, and not those who shout her name as they raze my home to the ground? Where does your protection end?" Stepping closer at last, the singular motion like a death knell. "I will not risk my people by allying with someone inclined to let our bodies rise in piles upon the forest floor, all for the sake of valuing life that cannot be confirmed in the soulless citizens you offer shelter to.
Do you understand?"
that red riding hood knew exactly what she was doing
when she let the wild in

Messages In This Thread
to be a light in the dark - by Amalia - 06-01-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Nephele - 06-03-2020, 02:01 AM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Amalia - 06-03-2020, 10:47 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Nephele - 06-03-2020, 10:52 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Amalia - 06-03-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Nephele - 06-08-2020, 06:48 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Amalia - 06-08-2020, 07:09 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Nephele - 06-08-2020, 07:35 PM