to be a light in the dark
Nephele!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
"We appreciate that, but... my people are stubborn. We already sent some away to Halo, and others will go to Torchline, but... some will inevitably remain in the Grounds, regardless." She runs her hand through her hair, aware that she is among that number. "So yes, I hope the Spark Bird will perch in Sanctuary this year and keep the monsters at bay. But even if it doesn't, I still want to help it find its way home." She will not lie and say she lacks selfish motivation - the safety of her people matters keenly to her. But whether the bird assists or not, Amalia has taken on a mission. It is not something she is going to shrug off without cause.

The fae's words bite like silver bullets, tearing into insecurities Amalia is shocked to have discovered. She flinches as the woman leans forward, seeing so much of Delah in this new encounter that it rather takes her aback. Judgment and justice- these are things that the girl has considered more and more of late, and to feel them laid bare here by a stranger is to open her mistakes and wounds to the world's scrutiny. "Rexanna is not innocent," the girl replies softly, meeting fire again with steel and trying not to singe. "Nor are any who have done the Voice's work. If you and the Fae were to seek justice against them, I would not stop or blame you."

She glances away then, her eyes turning now to the woods, the trees, the familiar scene. "It hasn't always been like this. It's only recently that the Voice... that things changed. The Ascendeds... Many of them are my people. I grew up beside them, called them friends. I trusted them. And when the Voice was freed and the depth of her sins revealed... I wanted to believe there was still good in them. In my friends. My family." She'd clung to the hope that they were more than simple puppets, than agents of darkness. She'd wanted so desperately to believe that she'd turned a blind eye.

And now?

Turning back to meet the woman's gaze, Amalia's expression hardens. "I still believe there is good in them- in some of them. And the capacity for change." She thinks of Sam, braver and stronger than she ever dreamed he could be. "But... not all of them. Maybe not even most. And I agree: the crimes against your people must be made right. I know... what it is, that Ludo has asked of its followers. And I will not stand in the way of it. Not anymore. Not when it is deserved. Whether or not that makes us allies is up to you, I suppose."
she is calm in the storm
and anxious in the quiet

Messages In This Thread
to be a light in the dark - by Amalia - 06-01-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Nephele - 06-03-2020, 02:01 AM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Amalia - 06-03-2020, 10:47 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Nephele - 06-03-2020, 10:52 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Amalia - 06-03-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Nephele - 06-08-2020, 06:48 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Amalia - 06-08-2020, 07:09 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Nephele - 06-08-2020, 07:35 PM
RE: to be a light in the dark - by Amalia - 06-08-2020, 08:15 PM