you didn't have to offer your hand
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
stretch out my life & pick the seams out
Perhaps Zeph saw himself as an ogre but as Sam watched him drink, carefully looking to make sure none of the water split (drunk as he was, Zeph needed all he could get), all he saw was someone he was beginning to realise he cared for very much. With Zeph he felt safe and cared for even now, felt like he was in the presence of someone that would look after him; he had no issue repaying that.

And even though the wound on his eye was certainly disturbing, none of it would stop Sam from thinking him handsome.

He did laugh when Zeph worked out his trick, though he was happy to see he still drank it anyway. "It's b-better for you than mm...mmore alcohol. You'll feel be..better in the morning." Or so Sam had heard that was how hangovers worked: with no real experience, he was really just throwing things at the wall.

If he'd wanted to, Sam could have left at that point, having done his good deed and made sure Zeph wasn't about to die. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep if he did that though. Zeph had done so much for him and there was a tug at his heart that kept him close anyway, kept him wanting to make Zeph smile. "..If...if you'll l-let me, I could wash off s...some of the bl-blood. The water will ff..fffeel nice, too." He leaned down to pick up the bowl and rag, bringing them up to his lap.

Shifting onto his knees so he could lean in close, he reached to gently daub the cloth at Zeph's forehead, carefully making sure he was going around the cut and not on it, softly taking blood off the skin. Being up close made him cringe, but he tried to play that down: as close to Zeph's face as he was, only a couple of inches away (glad his sense of smell was weakened, given the alcohol that had to be on the man's breath) he didn't want to make him too conscious. He gave Zeph a small smile as he met his eyes, then continued to slowly make his way around the wound, washing and cooling it.
take what you like, but close my ears and eyes,
watch me stumble over and over.

Messages In This Thread
you didn't have to offer your hand - by Samuel - 06-08-2020, 08:53 PM
RE: you didn't have to offer your hand - by Samuel - 06-12-2020, 06:45 PM