Identity Crisis
Arlo Gavanagh
Monster hunter

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Ayla Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ARLO
light my candles in a daze
He'd only been sitting there for perhaps ten or so minutes when he heard a voice; it startled him slightly to be addressed and he glared up at the approaching figure. His features softened, though, at the gentle tone and he smiled broadly. At last, someone had come to help him. Arlo wasn't use to having to do things for himself. That was what friends are for. Thankfully, this handsome looking fellow looked the friendly sort. "You're quite right." He wanted to roll his eyes slightly at the pompous tone, but figured it might be a dialect difference. Seeing as somehow he wasn't in the same place. He didn't focus on that thought for too long, because it unnerved him, but instead stood, offering his hand to the man.

He was tall, dark, handsome, Arlo thought. "I'm Arlo. Could you tell me where I am?" The blonde smiled his sweetest, most amiable smile. He was terrified what the answer to his question would be, his stomach lurching and tossing at the thought. What if he wasn't on Earth? How crazy that would be. No Mom or Dad to pick up his pieces, no boyfriends, no girlfriends, no buddies, no annoying work mates. He'd have no one, no one at all. Even if he was in a different country, how the fuck was he going to get home? His face, usually pale, blanched white at the implications of his thoughts. What would he do for money? And why did his body feel so strange?

He doubted the man in front of him would be able to answer all his questions, but the kindness the stranger had shown him made Arlo want to stick to him like glue. He'd been the opposite of needy in his past life; he'd shrugged those clingers off the second he could. But here, here? He was anxious, nervous, and deeply unsettled. He felt all at once like he was moving in a thick, cold gloop, and like time was whizzing past him, changing everything around him without his consent. It wasn't enjoyable. As suddenly as he stood, Arlo sat again, his legs feeling weak and flimsy. "'M hungry. I had to walk a long time." The shock again threatened to overwhelm him, his lips feeling numb and his chest tight. He stared, pitifully, up at the man, all at once resentful that he'd become so helpless, and thankful someone had stopped at all.
'cause i've found god

Messages In This Thread
Identity Crisis - by Arlo - 06-09-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Bastien - 06-09-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Arlo - 06-10-2020, 09:14 AM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Bastien - 06-12-2020, 03:22 PM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Arlo - 06-13-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Bastien - 06-13-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Arlo - 06-14-2020, 03:57 AM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Bastien - 06-14-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Arlo - 06-15-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Bastien - 06-15-2020, 01:17 PM