Identity Crisis
Arlo Gavanagh
Monster hunter

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Ayla Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ARLO
light my candles in a daze
"Caido. Arlo's eyes widened, a small grin forming on his lips. It just seemed completely unbelievable. He'd never heard of the place. The blonde let out a slightly nervous bark of laughter. "And Caido is a... Country? A planet?" The laughter fell from his lips in a trembling stream, a nervous guffaw as he struggled to register the reality. The fact his body didn't feel... Right was only adding to his sense of dissociation. He shook his head. "Fuck. This can't be real. I was just taking a fucking walk, waiting for Tom or whatever his name was to leave." The giggling hiccuped and interrupted his tremulous voice. "And now I'm in Caido, Hollowed Ground to be specific- he mocked, pressing his shaking hands to his head,"-and apparently even blood isn't blood coloured here." Arlo let out a shaky breath.

The man made a move to leave him, and Arlo was struck with terror. He wanted to call out, please, stay! but managed to bite the side of his mouth before the words slipped out. Curiously, the bite didn't sting like it usually would- Arlo frowned. He guessed it had something to do with the dissociative feelings caused by the processing, and decided it might be wise not to bite himself in this current state. If he wasn't feeling pain like he should, he might do some serious damage. Thankfully, just when Arlo was beginning to feel his chest tighten with anxiety and his breath hasten, the man returned. He took the proffered pastry but made a slight face and swallowed heavily. ”Much appreciated but… I don’t think I can eat it.” He muttered, and made to hand the pasty back to the man. ”I tried to eat some bread before and it felt- wrong. Maybe I need some soup or something.”

Usually, he'd prefer to be more charming to strangers, and knowing he was likely coming across as ungrateful shook him a little. He lifted his head slightly, peering at the tall man. "I'm sorry." He sighed. "I sound crazy." He mustered up his best I'm-a-good-guy,-honest smile. The comment that he wouldn't be able to return to his family hadn’t really effected him, apart from a slight inconvenient twinge. Where was he going to stay? He gave the man another once over. He seemed relatively affluent, although this town was... Undesirable to say the least. Maybe if he made a good impression he'd be able to sort something out. Considering this place apparently didn't take the right currency, Arlo wasn't sure what he could offer apart from his good looks and dazzling personality. "God, I've probably come across as a complete moron." He smiled wryly, flipping a hand dismissively. "Thank you for coming to my aide, fine sir. I’m Arlo. Arlo Gavanagh, although I suppose that doesn’t matter anymore. What's your name?" He let a hint of coy flirtation colour his tone.
'cause i've found god

Messages In This Thread
Identity Crisis - by Arlo - 06-09-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Bastien - 06-09-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Arlo - 06-10-2020, 09:14 AM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Bastien - 06-12-2020, 03:22 PM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Arlo - 06-13-2020, 08:56 AM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Bastien - 06-13-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Arlo - 06-14-2020, 03:57 AM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Bastien - 06-14-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Arlo - 06-15-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: Identity Crisis - by Bastien - 06-15-2020, 01:17 PM