will you hold me when the curtains close?
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
there's a great unknown from you to me
& when your prayer's unheard and you don't believe
A heavy hand smooths along Clem's back, trying to soothe the shaking, trying to hold the both of them together. Nate's already struggling with just himself, but he can keep it together for the younger, he can be okay, for a little bit, so he can try and hold the other together.

"You don't need to help." Nate says quickly, sharply, the first thought in his mind Clem, alone, attacked in some back street without the benefit of a crowd of people, of someone right there. It terrifies him. "You should stay here for a little bit. Through Longnight." He doesn't notice it, but his arms get tighter, and he pulls Clem closer against him. A cloying, greedy protectiveness, put up like a wall.

How easy it is to forget how it feels to be on the other side of this. How he'd been told there was nothing he could do, how he'd fought against it, thrown everything away for it. How different things look, sitting in the bed, wanting to shield someone so badly you'd do anything, say anything.
so put your faith in the devil and the deep blue sea
put your trust in the light that you cannot see

Messages In This Thread
RE: will you hold me when the curtains close? - by Nate - 06-16-2020, 11:25 PM