will you hold me when the curtains close?
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 24 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Clemente
The denial may be quietly accepted for now, a docile nod of the head against Nate's chest where he hides away from the world that has finally revealed itself to be cruel. A different sort of cruelty perhaps than what he grew up with, but he had....he'd begin to hope that maybe it wouldn't be the same, here. That happy endings could happen outside of fairy tales, that they could happen to him. But as he capitulates, concedes, there are ideas forming in his mind.

"Rex said Dante came back, so I gotta go see him. But...but after. I wanna come back, for good?" Tentative gaze peering up from his fringe, terrified to ask even when he has a room of his own already. But he wants to stop his transient shifting between Rexanna's empty old house and this true, warm home he is forming with Sunjata and Nate.

He cuddles closer, feeling small and wanted and safe for the first time since he was a baby. And regardless of his vague, wordless assent, Clemente knows he will not hold true to that. "I'll fix it," he whispers to himself, vowing to scour Torchline's seediest places before he departs for the Grounds. Maybe it will be cutting it close, tempting fate that he has been reminded so many times not to during this time of darkness, but to Clem it's worth it. He's fast after all, Amun has told him so.

There's enough time. And Nate will never know what kept him behind, so there's no harm done. Come spring, Clem will see him once more. This is only a temporary goodbye.
Your mother started drinking like the whole world died
And You've been waiting for a miracle all your life

Messages In This Thread
RE: will you hold me when the curtains close? - by Clemente - 06-20-2020, 06:59 PM