snowy hills and darkening skies
Tala Deerguard
Explorer

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Cricket Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Tala smiled fondly at the thought of the places Delphine mentioned. ”I’ve only seen an ocean covered in ice… I came here to see something new. For a moment there, I was a bit worried the entire universe was nothing but snow, ice, and barren grass fields.” While ‘something new’ was an oversimplification of her reasons for portalling away from her life and everything she knew, it captured the overall goal. She needed adventure.

”I had spoken to someone who mentioned it would be freezing, yes. It’s always cold where I come from, but the blizzard I came in during was worse than the ones back home. I am just glad I came prepared, or I would have died right from the start.” She ran a hand over her reindeer pelt clothing when she said prepared.

Her eyes softened and she tilted her head as she gave a warm smile. ”Nomadic, yes.” Her native tongue didn’t actually have a word for it, but it seemed whatever magic had given her this new language had included definitions for words she didn’t know in the first place.

”We had giant herds of reindeer, several hundred large during the light season when the calves had dropped. Most of our life was spent moving the herd around to where the grass, shrubs, or moss was accessible. They can dig under some snow to reach it when necessary, but they would eat a whole field clean in a matter of days, so we had to keep moving. We just had tents for our shelter, they were quite warm given that basically our only material for, well, anything, was reindeer pelt. Plus, bone and antler.” She found that she liked talking about her home, even though she was happy to leave it. Saying things about her clan out loud was a new feeling, given that she had only ever been around clan members and had no reason to tell them about themselves.
Tala
there's a world that was meant for us to see

Messages In This Thread
snowy hills and darkening skies - by Delphine - 06-11-2020, 02:54 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Tala - 06-11-2020, 07:43 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Delphine - 06-11-2020, 01:40 PM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Tala - 06-12-2020, 07:55 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Delphine - 06-12-2020, 11:00 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Tala - 06-12-2020, 11:06 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Delphine - 06-12-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Tala - 06-13-2020, 12:05 PM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Delphine - 06-13-2020, 02:20 PM