snowy hills and darkening skies
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Delphine
Delphine listened with wide-eyed interest, "Oh, the world would be really boring if it were all ice and snow! Torchline, that's where the ocean is, it's warm and there are fish and plants and... oh, the Greatwood is a large forest, though I've not yet been..." The woman breathed softly, "...I can only imagine the plants I'll find when I go, though."

She smiled when the woman mentioned she probably would have died, showing up in the snows without already being accustomed to the cold. "When I came here, I showed up in... I think a thin dress for warmer weather? I was blue, really cold... I didn't know what I was doing, and I didn't have very much." She smiled softly, "But I'm learning, and I've got help."

The woman seemed to like the word 'nomadic', and she grinned. "In my homeland, we traveled through portals from war, to a new place, where we were the first to live there. Or well, that's what we thought." She furrowed her brows, it was very similar to being an Outlander here. Probably why she didn't give it much thought. "But we lived in this settlement and... ah, it was really warm, with forests and trees everywhere! But we were walled in... because it was safer that way." She fell quiet, for only a second, reminding herself that now wasn't the time to miss her parents.

"I only got to go outside of the walls once or twice, and the person who kept me inside them isn't in this world. So I've promised myself, I'll see everything I can."

The giant herds of reindeer catch Delphine's attention again, and she shifted to sit closer to Tala, clearly enamored by the tale. "I had no idea that reindeer ate that much! That's amazing."

Delphine hummed, "Back home we did not have reindeer or much snow. But we had magic. I was able to make things different, like... that paint on the wall? It's still wet, but back home, I could have dried it with a touch. I used to bring back the dead, but I can't do that anymore. I'm not sure anyone can..." Realizing she's rambling about a topic the woman may not understand, she paused, and studied the woman, hazel eyes thoughtful.

"This world has a lot of magic, very similar to my homeland. Did your world have magic too?" Delphine was only half paying attention to Tala, though she was very good at multitasking, so the other woman most likely would not notice. She was listening for Noah, like an overeager puppy for their favorite person to return home.
Let me make you smile, darling.

Messages In This Thread
snowy hills and darkening skies - by Delphine - 06-11-2020, 02:54 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Tala - 06-11-2020, 07:43 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Delphine - 06-11-2020, 01:40 PM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Tala - 06-12-2020, 07:55 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Delphine - 06-12-2020, 11:00 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Tala - 06-12-2020, 11:06 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Delphine - 06-12-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Tala - 06-13-2020, 12:05 PM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Delphine - 06-13-2020, 02:20 PM
RE: snowy hills and darkening skies - by Tala - 06-14-2020, 12:01 PM