all the times that I keep holding onto
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
Even though she no doubt could thrash him to within an inch of his life, it was hard to be intimidated when her full height had her reaching his shoulder, at best. The dull glower Korbin returned at her held festering resentment, and the twist of his lips wad bitter.

"Then why weren't you at the Gates when the dragon came? Why did she have to fight that Ursur alone? I thought you were supposed to have her back... or is the Warden not counted among those whom your guards are supposed to protect? I'll remember that when it's you who are called away alone to fight off a creature that whole armies would hesitate to take on."

He was angry. At Weaver, for going off on her own. At Morgan for not going with her - why had the guard turned to his sister instead of the captain, instead of Loren who might have spelled the dragon away?  - and above all, he was furious with himself.

He had been right there, only a call away, and yet... he'd let her out of his sight. Had filled his thoughts with tasks and the well being of other people and allowed himself to forget about the one person who actually mattered.

Now she was gone. And there was no end to the list of people he would never forgive. Morgan was a convenient target. She could defend herself. His sister no longer had that chance.
Thousand voices dead at my feet
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone

Messages In This Thread
RE: all the times that I keep holding onto - by Korbin - 06-13-2020, 07:19 PM