all the times that I keep holding onto
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
Korbin was in no mood to be fair. Or reasonable. Or understanding. Graciousness had never been part of his makeup either. What was in him, then? He was alive and breathing, talking and walking, but everything else was put in question by Chulane's brutal attempts to keep him from destroying himself. All he thought of himself, all his reasons and reactions had been picked apart and thrown on the floor, and he was lost in the chaos of trying to reassemble some sort of self from the pieces.

His response whenever he failed? Rage. Frustration. Lashing out, seeking some target to vent his emotions on. If there was truly no one to blame for Weaver's death, then what was he to do with all this seething anger? He wasn't even actually against Loren's seat on the council, it was just... one more thing to rant about, when he couldn't stand to be in his own head anymore.

"I would have stood by her side through all of it, and gone with her to Mort when there was nothing else left to do," he said hoarsely, still raging against his inability to do just that. Damn Loren for calling in that debt, and curse Chulane, for forcing reasons to live on him. He was not grateful for it, not a damn bit. Not today. "I know I wouldn't have made a difference. But at least I would be with her."

Korbin sighed, a frustrated hiss that steamed and smoked in the cold air. He didn't have the energy needed to keep arguing, or the facts to keep inventing arguments. It did nothing to ease the storm within, he was still seething, and her rational responses only made it worse.

"Fine. Your headache," he said, through gritted teeth, tone clipped. Knew he was being rude and irrational, but it felt good to lash out. Something he hated in himself... but it was one thing too many to work on.
Thousand voices dead at my feet
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone

Messages In This Thread
RE: all the times that I keep holding onto - by Korbin - 06-14-2020, 07:45 PM