all the times that I keep holding onto
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
The woman spoke as one had never suffered a loss, even though the murder of her admired father should suggest differently. Either she had not been broken by it or she had forgotten what it was like, because there was no comfort to find in her reply, no hint of understanding. Not that Korbin sought it, but hearing the same words from her as others also had spoken did nothing but anger him. It tasted of 'pull yourself together' as if that was the easiest thing in the world.

"Have you ever actually lost control over anything?" he said bitterly. "I doubt it... if you had, you wouldn't be saying that. Though I'm sure you would still be fine even if everything you cared for suddenly vanished. Too fucking bad not everyone is as strong as you."

Clearly he was no adult. Clearly grief reverted this particular young man into the child he should have been many years ago. Though it could be questioned if there were ever graceful ways of losing ones grip on reality, the lashing out was admittedly a less charming way to cope.

Especially since it only made him feel worse to hear himself talk like this. What was he doing? Picking a fight? Begging for attention? Either way it was pathetic.
Thousand voices dead at my feet
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone

Messages In This Thread
RE: all the times that I keep holding onto - by Korbin - 06-15-2020, 12:56 PM