all the times that I keep holding onto
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
Korbin closed his eyes; sore, tender, never given a chance to recover between the floods. A part of him was rearing up in alarmed protest at the looming threat of exile. It was a reality check, a jarring, head jerking realization of what he stood to lose. That there was still something he treasured, even when Weaver was absent.

And it felt good, so fucking good to be treated like everyone else. He really was just another citizen. His sister may have been Warden when she died, and he might have enjoyed a deliriously happy week as official under her regin, able to throw himself into a job where he was needed... But Korbin never felt any more or less than normal for that.

Never wanted to be special, or cared for, or treated with silk gloves.

Drawing in a deep breath, and another, the world slowly stopped spinning. Only then did he look up, and mer her gaze. There was a relief in the blue eyes, a small measure of hope. At least if people were watching, there might be a chance to stop him if something ever slipped again. Maybe with this ultimatum looming, he would find a reason. A check, a safety switch.

Some people could only function under pressure, and his had been gone ever since he stopped having to struggle for the daily meal.

"I understand. Thank you, Warden. For listening, and... everything else." Korbin bent his neck in something akin to a bow. Respect, gratitude... for a wonderful, breathless moment all the anger and turmoil within had disappeared and he felt clear, light. Almost like himself again.

How long would it last?
Thousand voices dead at my feet
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone

Messages In This Thread
RE: all the times that I keep holding onto - by Korbin - 06-20-2020, 07:12 PM