Bluest Blue
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
"No, I didn't have a choice in being brought here. Outlanders, I think they call us? But I'm doing my best to form a life here now." Difficult, in the wake of his depressive spell after Ludo's revelation, but Harper believes he is slowly making progress. Starting a new life is difficult even if he's not that old. In some ways he envies Matéo for his overly simplistic life - at least things like this didn't happen to him. At least his smile holds no traces of that slight bitterness, eager at the idea of sailing. "I'd be excited to sail in a cardboard box, I certainly won't judge whatever vessel you have." He had bought a surfboard upon arriving in Torchline, and while he's physically fit enough to make it quite far past the waves, it's never quite the same. Not quite the total escape from land and reality that he fantasizes sailing to be.

The gruff denial makes Harper give a huff of a laugh, leaning on the bar top. "No, but everyone should have the opportunity to break free from their various chains and grasp that which could make them truly happy." Sapphire eyes go a bit distant as he speaks, hands playing idly with his drink, incapable of ever remaining still. It's perhaps an optimist's dream, but if the world won't allow such openings, Harper has always been devoted to making them for other people with his own strength and determination. If he can do that for Matéo, he will. So consumed with his own thoughts, he chokes on the next sip he takes as the man's boldness comes blatantly through. Heat suffuses through his freckled cheeks immediately, staring wide-eyed at the man as he fumbles his drink back to the table and swallows hard.

"I didn't take you as the type to be so forward, I'll have to readjust my flirting technique," he manages to reply smoothly enough once the alcohol stops burning his throat. Maybe a tad hoarse, and his face is still definitely pink, but if Matéo wants to be bold then he'll meet the man head on. Though clearly he's far from matching the fisherman in the alcohol realm, watching as the bartender brings another round before his own glass is finished. Used to being teased for his choices, he sticks his tongue out childishly and laughs. "At least I can savor it, not everything needs to be gulped down in an uncivilized manner." Humor lights up his eyes like fireflies, dancing and ephemeral. Matéo is far from uncivilized, of course, but the jibe is one of his favorites when it comes to defending his 'girly' drink choices. Obligingly, he does gulp down the rest of it and slides the glass farther away for the bartender to take care of at his leisure. "Though I have no shame in saying I'm a lightweight. Be careful what you ask for, or you'll end up having to carry me out of here."
this is your ocean, an ocean of night

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
Bluest Blue - by .Matéo - 06-16-2020, 04:19 AM
RE: Bluest Blue - by Harper - 06-16-2020, 04:52 AM
RE: Bluest Blue - by .Matéo - 06-16-2020, 06:29 AM
RE: Bluest Blue - by Harper - 06-16-2020, 08:16 AM
RE: Bluest Blue - by .Matéo - 06-16-2020, 10:29 AM
RE: Bluest Blue - by Harper - 06-16-2020, 11:52 PM
RE: Bluest Blue - by .Matéo - 06-17-2020, 01:11 AM
RE: Bluest Blue - by Harper - 06-17-2020, 05:50 PM
RE: Bluest Blue - by .Matéo - 06-18-2020, 05:10 AM