Restlessly running these halls
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
"I am under the assumption that the strongest survive. And that the desire to be strongest is also a part of nature, a part of this Rae's design, too. I am not disputing that  - I do not need to be schooled on the harsh realities of life and death and nature." He almost brought up Darwin's theories, but knew they would be useless. He had spent most of his life learning about evolution, about survival of the fittest, and about how far humans could alter nature to suit their own needs. And that was the thing, he knew that it was possible to go too far, and with that knowledge in hand, he knew not to take it too far as well.

"Has this God of Nature not also given human's the intelligence, the wit and cunning to recognise that they could shape the rest of the world around them to prolong their survival? My plans are to help those of Halo, primarily. The cost of a few lives is too high for me to bear. And if the population continues to expand, through mechanisms outside of either of our control, then we will be ready for it." Why couldn't he see it, or at least accept it, rather than simply pine over it - the world was changing, in ways outside of their control. They would not survive if they continued to cling onto old methods.

"And if you think it's going to be easy, you're in for a ride." It will take an enormous amount of work to get going, and then to maintain his plans - but he would not go ahead without the support of all, including Korbin. "My arguments will not change. The people of Halo elected Morgan to speak for them, and she has permitted me to go ahead with these plans when the season turns. Take your concerns to her - I will not proceed unless I have the blessing of the all it will impact."

Perhaps it was foolish of him to continue pursuing his plans. He knew it would take some convincing, but he thought better of Korbin - thought that the boy would at least see the benefits his plans could bring, would appreciate that Chulane would do what he could to preserve all things Halo even as he did them.

Korbin was getting what he seemed to want - he was stomping all over Chulane, finally beating him down, finally making him realise that perhaps he did not fit here. That perhaps, even though the Voice had brought him to the snowy tundra, he was not meant to stay here.

Then the boy was leaning over him, and Chulane felt himself prickle, tense, but did not move or shift, did not rise up to the boy's level. He wanted to - he longed to stand up too, to shout back in the boy's face. But he didn't. There was much he wanted to say back, but he simply met the boy's gaze, sharp and sure, taking a deep breath, before speaking with gentle inquiry.

"Wouldn't you?"

Wouldn't the boy, who lived to protect and serve his sister, who was so lost when she died that he saw no point in living anymore, protect his sister against a perceived danger? If keeping a secret would keep her alive, keep her safe, would he not keep that secret? Chulane thought so, genuinely. Perhaps he was wrong.

Or maybe he was right, and Korbin wasn't nearly as much of a 'bad boy' as he thought he was.
CHULANE
No one's ever gonna stop us now

Messages In This Thread
Restlessly running these halls - by Chulane - 06-16-2020, 11:22 PM
RE: Restlessly running these halls - by Korbin - 06-16-2020, 11:50 PM
RE: Restlessly running these halls - by Chulane - 06-17-2020, 12:31 PM
RE: Restlessly running these halls - by Korbin - 06-17-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: Restlessly running these halls - by Chulane - 06-18-2020, 07:43 AM
RE: Restlessly running these halls - by Korbin - 06-18-2020, 08:09 AM
RE: Restlessly running these halls - by Chulane - 06-18-2020, 09:41 AM
RE: Restlessly running these halls - by Korbin - 06-18-2020, 10:05 AM
RE: Restlessly running these halls - by Chulane - 06-18-2020, 10:45 AM