that doesn’t mean what you think it means
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

”It is very different,” she agreed, staring up at the black above them, as if the blue sky and the sun might be just beyond it. ”Not too bad if you aren’t staying for long, though. And as guides go, I’m not a bad one. I’m a hunter and tracker by trade. Sure we could see the best parts of the Greatwood in a day and have you home by dinner time.” She winked.

He was right, and it did sound like some god shit; the reminder of it all stole Vai’s smile away, and she sighed an equally wistful sigh, reaching for the bottle to take a deep pull from it. ”It’s the second time I’ve missed it,” she admitted. ”Had a daughter before him, but... well, long story short, I wasn’t able to be around for her growing up either.”

But then it was Zeph’s turn for show and tell, and for all of the sadness in Vai’s story, all of that paled in comparison to his simple use of past tense.

”I’m so sorry,” she said quietly. ”Though I suppose you’ve heard all of that before.”

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe

Messages In This Thread
RE: that doesn’t mean what you think it means - by Vervain - 06-23-2020, 06:44 PM