favorite worst nightmare
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
all the good girls go to hell
'cause even god herself has enemies
Leaving the Hollowed Grounds had been surprisingly bitter sweet, she hadn't expected to be as attached to it as she felt. The manor would hopefully stand through LongNight, somewhere she could return to and find her old room in tact. All she could really do was hope, for the gods weren't often listening; hope that the fields would be green with life when she returned, the days would be brighter, the luxere would come and their fortifications would withstand, and no one would be mourned for.

She could only hope that she'd done enough, before seeking refuge in the mild and lovely city of Haulani.

The trip through the portal hadn't been nearly as awful as she'd expected, it was honestly rather exciting. Coming out the other end in another region, so close dimensionally but physically miles upon miles apart. And Haulani was a wonder itself, not at all what she'd pictured, far more put together and lively. She could only imagine how it would be without the bustling refugees, and dull of winter.

It'd been a couple days that she and Oliver had been staying at their planned residence, the brothel. What a place to stay, when he'd first told her of the destination she'd laughed, figuring he was kidding. She was so glad he wasn't, and the brothel too was better than anticipated. Their lodgings were nice and cozy, and though she was thrilled for that, it felt all too much like a vacation to actually be an escape from mortal danger.

She sat in her room now, thinking about what they'd left behind. Legs crossed, she lay on her back. Hazel eyes roamed over the ceiling, as restless as her thoughts. There were people they'd left behind who she considered friends, people she would hate to lose. She went back and forth on how she felt about her decision to come to Torchline, though always concluded that it'd been right. Still, it was a distressing conviction, that she could've somehow prevented any tragedies had she been in the Grounds. Unlikely, but distressing, and nibbling slowly at her confidence.

The door to her room was cracked just a bit, not on purpose, but the calming sugary scents of the brothel were welcome all the same.

Oliver!
and once heaven's out of sight
she'll want the devil on her team
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
It had been a bit since Oliver and Aisha packed their bags and set out for the long-stay in Torchline. Seeing as they'd be staying with other people, he brought many things to hopefully help supplement them being there including quite a lot of food. It felt wrong to come without supplies, even if Phoebe hadn't directly asked for them.

After arriving, the two were given separate rooms on different floors. It felt wrong to go off exploring so Oliver mostly remained in a select few rooms, occupying himself with sketching and reading a couple of books he had brought.

Today was no different.

And there Oliver lay, outstretched on the bed and staring up at the ceiling. It was a lot nicer than his previous LongNight and honestly, he was being straight up pampered. Not only did he have his own room, but he also had a bed and a wonderful environment to be in. The scents and atmosphere were genuinely calming and helped him to relax... or somewhat relax. Seeing as it had been a bit since Aisha and him got to really talk, he chose to reach out. Literally.

There were most likely other attuned individuals here but it's fine, he's okay with them hearing him for a second. Calling out through their bond, Oliver hoped he'd be able to reach Aisha. Aisha? It's Oliver.... how are you holding up? He would go up there and talk to her himself, but he wasn't even sure if he was allowed to seeing as he was kind of a dude.
i just want my existance to be
more than trembling
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
she grabbed a razor for me
and she did it, just like that
Aisha's thoughts were disrupted by a voice, a familiar voice that she'd grown very used to. It was strange, hearing through the attuned bond while not in animal form, but certainly useful. She could feel a rush of his energy, his emotions, it radiated through their link and seeped into her mind, connected in a moment. She shifted to her feline form, so he could hear her, and crossed her paws as she lay.

"I'm ok," she said, the remnants of her bitter thoughts and worries passing down the bond. "Never thought I'd be a refugee in a brothel, so that's happened," her sarcasm was half assed, it was harder to pull off 'funny and confident' when not face to face. That was one thing she didn't love about the attuned bond, it was harder to control other's perception of her when they had a window into her mind.

Her mind right now was a jumbled torrent of honeyed scents and morbid concerns.
when she want something
she don't wanna pay for it
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
The familiar voice of the leopard rings out through is bond and Oliver finds himself grinning. A hand is run through his hair and he sighs, realizing she cant exactly see him right now. Oh trust me, same here. He wasn't going to mention the lengths he went through to obtain this or all the work he'd need to do once LongNight was over. It wasn't embarrassing nor hard to do, but he didn't want to make Aisha feel bad for it.

Glancing around his room, Oliver nibbled on his lip. Do you want to talk? In person? You could... sneak down here? Or I could shift into a fox and you can bring me up to your room? Hopefully Phoebe would be okay with it, Oliver didn't want to go up there without Aisha's full and utter permission and having her actually accompany him up the stairs.
more than trembling
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Oliver's reply brought a purr to the leopard's lips, rumbling up from her chest. They didn't expect it, but here they were. They were safe, luxuriate, and that was more than she could have asked for.

To talk in person, Aisha thought for a moment. They hadn't had a deep talk since they'd arrived, and she didn't really know how he was feeling about everything. She'd certainly internalized, but perhaps a talk would make her feel better. Make him feel better at least, and that would make it worth it. "I'll be down in a sec, prop the door for me" she replied, standing up and stretching her long dappled legs before stepping off her bed and shifting to her wings.

A far less startling creature than the leopard, the flying fox would do just fine. She fluttered about for a moment before sliding through her cracked door and gliding down the stairs, luckily not running in to anyone on her way down. It took a second to find Oliver's room, but once she did she could feel his presence inside, the bond stronger the closer they were. If the door had been left open, she'd fly inside and shift back to her human skin before tackling Oliver in a hug.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
That little comment was all Oliver needed.

Getting up from his spot, Oliver made his way over to the door and opened it up. Poking his head out, Oliver looked around for anyone that may need to get through the hallway, but luckily nothing seems to go wrong.

It isn’t long before a bat swoops down, flying through the corridors. It brings a smile to Oliver’s face. He half expected her to use the door knob as a resting post but instead, she immediately shifts, crashing into him and pulling him into a hug.

A laugh escapes his lips and his arms wrap around her in response, his foot taking a step back to steady the two of them. ”I’m happy to see you too.” He allows her to hold onto him however long she wants, only releasing from the hug when she does so as well. ”Have you been sleeping well? Finding things to do?” Those were the two biggest problems that Oliver dealt with during his first LongNight so he had to check in with her to see if she was having similar feelings.
more than trembling
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Aisha's hug was returned in full, her smile broadening across her face. So often Aisha's smiles were playful, put on as part of her exterior and nothing more. The smiles no one saw, those were the most true. And as she hid her face behind his shoulder, she gave on of those true smiles, meant for no one but herself and her happiness. Oliver was a constant and good friend, she was so glad to have him.

She pulled away after his comment, a light giggle bubbling up. As per usual, he was checking up on her, making sure everything was good, that she was alright. Playfully she batted her hand at his cheek, "I'm doing just fine, you've done enough for me. I promise you don't have to worry anymore," she assured. In reality she wasn't sleeping great, but she didn't need him to fret over it, some things she prefered to face alone.

She made herself at home in his room, sitting on the bed and flopping onto her back. She let a quiet linger in the air for a moment, before propping herself up on her elbows and looking to the blonde, "Less than a year ago, I was a princess," she sighed, something she hadn't really let slip before but for some reason felt like talking about now. To reminice about what was lost, and not worry over what might be.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The hug is great and Oliver finds himself relaxing, the smile on his face widening and a soft sigh leaving his lips. When she begins to separate, he has no problem and pulls apart, the smile still evident on his lips.

Aisha quickly moves inside and Oliver shakes his head, closing to the door with his foot as he glances over at the bed. "You should be damn happy I brought myself a blanket from home. If you wanna use it, go ahead." There is a playful roll of his eyes at her comment. "I gotta worry about you, Aisha. You're basically my responsibility and everyone needs someone to look after them. I do it because I care." Oliver wasn't about to use the 'love' word, not yet. He hadn't confronted the thought and wasn't about to anytime soon.

Before he could make another joke, she lifted herself up a bit and made a rather serious comment.

His eyes widened, not out of shock over the statement itself, but surprised that she had decided to be fully honest with him about something clearly so important to her. "Thank you... for telling me." His mind races as he thinks over the right thing to say next. Luckily, he is given a bit of time as he moves towards the bed, squatting down in front of it so he's at eye level with her. "Do you wanna talk with me about your old life? If not, I understand." This was an open space and she could say whatever she wanted.
more than trembling
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Aisha gave a soft and contented hum at his comment about the blanket, he wasn't the only one. The blanket she'd first wrapped up in when she'd arrived had come with her as well, it was perhaps a childish thing, but when you're world hopping and portalling it's nice to have a constant. "Mine's upstairs," she replied, helping herself to his and rolling up in it.

So soft, so safe, and with a friend. This hellish week could've been so much worse, and she knew it. She knew how lucky she was to be here, not just safe from the grounds but in this nice room in the Halenani. Other's wouldn't have this luxury. She gave her own eye roll to his reply, "I'm nobody's responsibility, but you can care about me if you want. I care about you too," she said.

The moment of silence, followed by her confession; had he been anyone else she would've been mortified with herself. She hated opening up this way, hadn't truly done it with anyone in Caido before. It made her feel vulnerable, and the crown wasn't vulnerable. She didn't feel that way now though, she felt content. Maybe it was her trust in him, or maybe it was the warmth from the blanket hazing her thoughts.

She reached up and pulled the gold ribbon from her hair, letting the blonde mess cascade down into her face. This was harder than telling Jigano or Korbin the random tidbits and facts about her world, this was her life. But she did it anyway, because she wanted someone to know. "My mom gave me this when I was little, she cut it from this dress she used to wear that I loved. She said she'd have someone make me a matching one, but I wanted her dress. So she took some of the fabric off the bottom and told me it was the most special piece."

Aisha didn't expect a thoughtful response, not really. All she wanted from him was his attention, for him to know what she knew, what she felt. How special her ribbon was, a ribbon from a queen, from a strong, free spirited woman, from a mother. "I really miss her, like a fucking lot," she said, and saying those words outloud really smarted, stung behind her eyes though she refused to let it show.

"But she would've liked you."
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
That comments earns a grin on his face. ”You did? Awwww, Aisha.” He leaned in ever so slightly, clearly both touched and immensely amused by this. It’s a playful, light teasing and he absolutely adores it. If only he knew that it was the blanket from when they first met. Oh how he’d love that.

Her response is fitting and he shakes his head, letting it settle down there.

Then she opened up.

Watching, Oliver listened and nodded. The delicate hands pulled at her hair and released a ribbon, one he had seen countless times before but never mentioned- why should he? Oliver had learned that some people aren’t able to be open immediately. Aisha had showed that when they first met and he never dared to step over her- to force her into something that made her uncomfortable or feel worse.

It’s a touching story and Oliver can tell it means a lot to her. It doesn’t give him a lot of information about her past, but it does give him a window into who she once was. It shows him what’s important to her. Knowing every little detail about her life wasn’t important when he got beautiful moments like this one. Her last comment only made things even better.

A light blush danced on his cheeks and he smiled at her. ”It... it means a whole lot to hear you say that, Aisha.” His hands want to grasp forward and offer her a hand to hold, but he waits instead. ”You know... if there’s ever anything you want to say or ask, you can. I’m here and I can listen or speak however much you want me to.” His band moves to rest on the bed, hinting at a small bit of comfort if she wants it. A small idea even comes to mind, but he silences it. Because.... yeah it’s probably too awkward.
more than trembling
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Oliver listened attentively, as she'd thought he would knowing him. It was comforting just to know that, that someone else knew what she felt, and those memories wouldn't be forgotten. She was giving them life again, something that she probably should've done earlier to ease the pain. She'd thought it would hurt more to talk about it, but it released the pressure, cleared her thoughts and freed her from the burden of feeling things on her own.

She grinned at his response, the pain from missing her mother pushed down as they relished in the memory instead. "I'm not just saying that! She would," she insisted, then brought a weary hand to her forehead to brush her hair out of her way. Next he was offering her more opportunity to speak, but she gave a soft sigh. She could tell him the basic stuff later, right now was for the real stuff, the echoes that mattered.

"I know, and I appreciate it. I take my time, I'm not big on being open," she replied with a chuckle. "All I know is that I miss my home, I miss my city and my family, and I never thought I'd be here. It's weird," she gave a light shrug, shoulders disappearing into her cloud of flaxen curls before dropping again.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
It was obvious that Aisha’s emotions were complex, but her ability to joke was a good thing. ”Well... it makes me very happy to hear that.” Aisha was so confident in the idea that her mother would’ve loved him. It’s honestly kinda shocking, Oliver never really saw himself as anything super amazing that one would report home about. It was always strange when someone mentioned hearing about him- it made him feel all sorts of things that he couldn’t really explain. In this moment, it was far more positive. It... kinda felt nice.

A soft sigh escapes his lips and he shakes his head. ”You have nothing to feel bad about... you can be as closed off as you’d like, really. So long as you’re handling your emotions in a healthy way it’s fine. I... I don’t want you to get hurt.” What he was hinting at went completely unspoken simply because he didn’t want to acknowledge it. He didn’t want to speak the idea into existence.

Shifting the subject ever so slightly, Oliver continued. ”I don’t think any of us knew this would ever happen. It’s very strange and you’re not alone. We all handle this stuff differently.” Oliver knew he was blessed in this sense: he didn’t have initial memories to think about. Nothing to miss or regret.

”Are you... proud of what you’ve done so far since coming here? How do you feel about what’s happened so far?”
more than trembling
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Aisha nodded softly to his reply, imagining her mother there with them now. Back home she would've asked for space, tried to avoid her parental figures even though she loved them so. Now, after not seeing them for so long and probably never again, everywhere she went she imagined them with her. On the bed next to her, holding her hand. It was a nice thought, and as long as her ribbon stayed close, her mother did too.

"I will," she agreed, letting him have this moment to be responsible, care for her without deflecting. Sometimes it was better to let not resist and accept it. His next question wasn't something she'd put much thought to yet. Was she proud of what she'd accomplished here? Everything in Caido had been so future oriented, she hadn't taken much time to look back. So worried about what she hadn't done yet, was she happy with what she had?

"I don't have anything here that I didn't have in Angchor," she said, using her city's name. She scratched absently next to her ear, glancing at her lap as she thought, "But I don't necessarily have less. I've got different things, and different options, but I feel just as important." It didn't directly answer his question, verbally at least, but to her it made sense. She was proud, in a way she would've never been back home, and it was neither better or worse. Just different, with a hint of bittersweet.

"You?" Aisha asked, looking back to Oliver.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Aisha begins to explain and Oliver listens as attentively as he could, nodding and making sure he picks up on every word. He's happy to hear her be open, but also happy to hear how well she feels she's doing. It's a good sign and it's far different from how he's still feeling to this day. While he worries he is completely useless, she seems to feel that she's helping out a lot. Truthfully, she had been extremely helpful and Oliver is happy to hear that she knows it.

A soft sigh escapes his lips and Oliver feels himself smiling ever so slightly. "You know, it makes me happy to hear you say all that... I was worried that you were feeling some things and... I don't know." He turns his eyes away ever so slightly, unable to find the right words in this moment. "You really have done a lot since you've arrived and it makes me super proud to see how far you've come. I mean hell, when we first met you were about ready to tear me to shreds." There might've been a bigger smile if Oliver wasn't trying to hold back some of his emotions. Thank goodness he wasn't projecting through their bond.

But then she asks him- and well, fuck.

"I- I think I've helped out." Swallowing down Oliver tries to look at her again. "There's a lot I should be doing and I know I'm not learning the best... I should be prioritizing more things and all I can really do is, I guess, hope I do better in FlowerBirth." It's a lot to say and his mouth feels dry after all is said, but he needed to let it out. If  Aisha was fully open then he should do the very same.
more than trembling