when there's too many emotions
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Delphine
Delphine was certainly giving Chulane a lot to wonder about her. And not really in that good, 'she's a mystery' kind of way. And truth be told, the reasons she thought her children were happier...

Probably would not reassure the man. They were happier because they were dead; they were happier because they weren't with her; they were happier because they could play, and be children. They could have each other, instead of dealing with an unstable mother, who went between hating them, hating herself, and wanting to leave everything behind.

There were other reasons too.

All just as bad.

Such as: Delphine did not feel like her twins had truly loved her.

Delphine, you see, needed to feel needed. Some might also call her an angel of mercy; deciding such a cruel world wasn't right for them.

Delphine herself, though, cursed to forever remember what she did, and how she did it. The peaceful look on their faces as they died, only further confirm that they're happy. And Noah's forgiveness has given her... peace, from the guilt.

Whatever one chose to call Delphine, she'd accept it with a smile, good or the bad. Everything had two sides to it; and in this case, her children had their side, she had hers.

Her focus is fully on the new topic now, as only an abused woman could manage, act like something that has ended had never happened in the first place. "But it's possible, no? I'd love to work with you on improving the agricultural system in Halo, because if the right greenhouse is built... so many herbs, and foods could be grown year-round."

She grinned as the man explained, he'd grown up on a farm. "Oh! I never had a whole farm, but my mother was a leading botanist and scientist in Northaven, she created whole hybrids of plants to serve a purpose," the light in her eyes clearly says she's just as excited about the possibility of hybrid plants and medicinal uses as well as food uses. As a Ningo scurried past, she shook her head, chuckling under her breath. "The animals here are so strange."

Entering the Kraai, she brushed her hair out of her face and hummed softly, "Oh! If certain plants are crossbred with plants that are hardy in the cold..." She trailed off, realizing she wasn't quite sure what survived in Halo, plant-wise.
I don't mind where you come from as long as you come to me.
I don't like illusions, I can't see them clearly.
I don't care, no, I wouldn't dare to fix the twist in you.
You've shown me eventually, what you'll do.
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
There was no alternate way he could interpret it, if the truth of Delphine's actions ever came to light for him. Sacrifice of an innocent was simply… unacceptable, no matter the reason. He'd sooner sacrifice himself. And if the children were 'better off' elsewhere? Then he'd ensure they were elsewhere, alive, with a family who could provide their needs, both for emotional burdens and basic survival.

It was perhaps convenient then, that the topic changed so easily to talk of plants and agriculture, a topic it would seem they shared an enthusiasm for. While it was more the horticulture side of agriculture, Chuy knew enough to recognise when another held sufficient knowledge to prove useful, and with the right motivation and enthusiasm, could put those skills to use to better the region.

"I live in hope that something like that is possible - to be able to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to people throughout the Deepfrost would be quite an achievement." It was a dream, a hope, perhaps one day it would come to fruition, if enough hands were as willing as hers, enough hearts set on the idea. It would take the whole region to commit to a new way of living - it would take the Naturals accepting the ideas of the Outlanders.

Once they were both in the Kraai, he shed his outer overcoat, before moving to a table and chairs setting by the fire. He greeted any familiar faces with an easy grin and a small wave - the Grounders residing here had come to know his face well, and the kitchenstaff too. Idly, his gaze searched briefly for Kia, before remembering that she was probably tending to the Grounders who were at the Academy this afternoon.

"It will be interesting to discover what plants survive best here, and whether magic can help reinforce their hardiness and nutritional value. I think Flowerbirth is going to prove a busy season of learning and experimentation." Attention returned to her to give the words with a warm and excited smile. He got himself a drink of water, and ordered a warm meal of some roast ningo, before raising a brow to her.

"I've got payment covered, order what you want," he prompted, gesturing to encourage her to eat and drink and settle for a friendly meal.
chulane
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 31 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
"It is all quite idealistic," she mused, about the idea of fresh fruits and vegetables surviving the snows of Halo. "But sometimes idealism brings the most useful ideas forth." They entered the Kraai, and she removed her cloak carefully, shaking it out lightly, as she followed him to a table.

He greeted people with an ease she could only yearn for, and that jealousy briefly showed in her features. "It will be interesting to see how the plants fare, but magic might not even be needed so long as cross-pollination can happen between a variety of the species..." She hummed to herself, though magic wasn't a terrible idea.

It would be useful.

She was already reaching to find something to pay with, when he stopped her. She flushed, and murmured, "Ah... you've not got too, but... thank you." She ordered a tea, and some bread with honey. Delphine was finding that it was a bit harder to survive without consuming meat in the land of ice.

Really bothersome, and meant her meals were very similar to one another, and sometimes she still broke down and had stew. She hadn't been a strict vegeterian since Northaven, anyway.
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
He smiled at her notion, her acknowledgement that such horticultural upheaval would indeed be quite idealistic. It sounded so improbable, and yet Chulane had more faith now than before that it might be possible. All he could do right now was think about it, hope, plan, investigate and learn the different options that might be available, to the region.

It didn't fully click with Chuy that the girl might be vegetarian. Eating meat was something he had been raised with, growing up on a farm, slaughtering one's own meat supply and consuming it readily. He would never begrudge someone for choosing not to eat it, but then, it was a bit of a matter of survival here on Halo. One simply couldn't get sufficient proteins, fats and energy from vegetables with the limited resources available in this icy region.

He smiled and waved away her concerns, pleased when she took him up on his offer. Sitting at the table with his glass of water, he took a long drink of it - it was easy to forget to drink enough in these cold climes.

"So you have an affinity for plants - what else do you do, Delphine?" He stirred up conversation again once he had taken his drink, and once she had settled in her chair on the other side of the small table, genuinely interested to know more about the woman.
CHULANE
No one's ever gonna stop us now
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
"Oh... well, my mother was a botanist and apothecarist. So I grew up around plants, and modifying plants." She explained, sipping her tea once it was delivered.

"I'm... well, I paint--I make my own paints and canvasses..." She was hesitant to mention the next thing, but she knew it was a core part of her being. "I'm a healer... I'm still learning here, but back home I was one of the best." She'd worked hard to become one of the best, too. She also played a variety of stringed instruments, "And... well, I haven't played in a while, but I can play the harp... violin, piano." She shrugged idly.

She didn't like talking about herself.

Breaking off a piece of her bread, she dipped it into the honey and ate quietly, thankful that her mouth was full and she could not be expected to answer questions about herself anymore. "I'd love to work alongside you with your agricultural goal, though." She stated once her mouth was empty.
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
He listened with rapt attention as she spoke, taking a drink from his water every now and then, seeing the subtle signs of her anxiety and simply patiently allowing her to work through it. He nibbled on his ningo, enjoying the crispy roasted skin, the salty meat that was suspiciously like chicken, only gamier.

"A lady of many talents," he commented kindly, smiling between bites of his meal, before swallowing and taking a drink to clear his mouth in preparation to speak again.

"I'll gladly take you up on that. I was a veterinarian on my homeworld, a doctor who focussed on animals - when I came through the portal I found myself able to shift into a leopard. Still wrapping my head around magic, I'm rather envious of those who are able to literally heal with a touch." He had seen it and experienced it directly for himself, it was something he longed to be able to wield but was also satisfied with applying his traditional healing methods until such an opportunity came about.

"I'm not really wired in the ways of the creative arts, I might need you to ensure the structures I want to build meet aesthetic standards as well as practicality." He chuckled softly, then kept eating his meal.

It was a pleasant enough afternoon; he was able to meet a new face, learn a lot about them, and no doubt see them again in the future.
CHULANE
No one's ever gonna stop us now