further from my home, the more i wish it
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
we used to play outside when we were young & full of life & full of love
"Do I?" Gods, you're a sucker for baby blue eyes. He looks so trusting and naive, like he sees the world in you, like you're some sort of hero who's going to sweep him up into your arms and take him away from the tragedy that seems to follow him. And the worst thing is that part of you wants to, desperately yarns to steal him away off to somewhere good and safe where the terrors of the world cannot touch him. To deserve every faith he's placed within you. To be a better man.

Your hands creep down onto his shoulders, hovering, threatening to take his face between your palms- but you stop yourself before you can go further, before you make an irreparable mistake.

Abruptly you attempt to spin him again, this time away from you (because one more second of those fucking eyes and who knows where your resolve will be) and toward the crowd. "Well," you answer, desperate for a change of subject, "Ya certainly impressed someone- look."

And indeed, a young man is watching from the fringes of the dancers, his long dark hair pulled into a ponytail and an appreciative look in his slanted brown eyes. "He's been watchin' ya a while, Red. Whaddya think, ready t'take the next step?" Away from you, and toward something better. Something closer to what he deserves.
zephyr

Messages In This Thread
RE: further from my home, the more i wish it - by Zephyr - 06-20-2020, 10:28 PM