further from my home, the more i wish it
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
we used to play outside when we were young & full of life & full of love
You chuckle again at Sam's reaction, though part of you is strangely pleased to seem him reject the attention. The reason, though... that's another thing entirely. Behind Sam the man gives you a look that clearly asks what's up with that?,  to which you simply shrug. 'He's shy' you mouth back silently, before looking back down at Sam.

"And... what? You gonna parrot back another shit lie someone else told ya?" Gently you let your thumb caress his collar before adjusting your hands. The music has slowed, and you settle into it, settling fingers lightly on his waist and shrugging his up onto your shoulders. He fits so neatly there before you, so fragile and so broken and not yours to fix.

And yet.

You look from the slow moving crowd to the man before you, searching in his eyes. You want to say something, anything, but your tongue feels like lead; everything is pithy, inadequate in your mind. How do you tell him all that you see when you look at him, if he doesn't see any of it himself? How do you make him know how you feel about him, without him seeing it as a lifeline you aren't equipped to provide?

"Tell me one reason why someone would wanna dance with you, Red." The question leaves your mouth before you can stop it, not cruel at all but kind and pressing, urging him to try. "One thing. That's it. Sure y'can find that."
zephyr

Messages In This Thread
RE: further from my home, the more i wish it - by Zephyr - 06-20-2020, 11:05 PM