it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of -
open
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MABEL

No, they weren’t ready – for anything on this scale, of this magnitude. Her fingers tightened around the needle, and she sat upright in her chair, ramrod straight while her thoughts whirled. Why Wessex would cater to her notions was beyond the girl’s means, but she wanted to provide something to the cause. The whole thing sounded deadly, foolish, and stupid: they were so small in number in comparison. Maybe some would survive – and for what? To be picked off again in more minute numbers? To rise like phoenixes? To be diminished, depleted, destroyed, when another opportunity came the Old Gods’ way? Her brows furrowed together, the uncertainty coiled behind her teeth, because she had no experience in this at all – she’d worked the land with her family, and had never plotted against the world. “If we’re not ready, then why are we going towards this?” Her lips came together, fangs sliding over them as she spoke again. “Or could we think smaller - but hit them where it would hurt.” Like the shrines, dismantling piece by piece (but then couldn’t they just be rebuilt?). Like twisting and turning their loved ones into Ascended, into brightened spheres of glory, liberation, and absolution. “Could we endure the repercussions? Wouldn’t it just decimate us further?” She hemmed and hawed, back and forth; uncertain of the charred remains in this game.

And maybe Wessex didn’t understand her last comment because she’d been allowed, permitted, to choose for herself for a long time. No one and nothing stood in her way. For a long while, Mabel and Evelyn had no option to wander towards their goddess, not until her parents had diminished and ensured the rest of her siblings perished right alongside them. Just like the terror at Fiat Lux, villagers, including so many kids, slaughtered by the onslaught. “I’m thinking of children, of innocents, of the ones who get caught up in this shit all the time, and have no say in it whatsoever.” Like her brothers, her sisters, left to waste, to wither, to decay, to die because their parents were too stupid to do anything other than bow their heads and pray to gods who didn’t care to listen.
I bare my teeth
and stretch my claws out

Messages In This Thread
RE: it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of - - by Mabel - 06-25-2020, 03:29 PM