Hard talks and harder choices
for Morgan
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
Just give me a reason
just a little bit's enough
He was relieved to hear her confirm that the vision she held, the vision most of Halo held were that of enduring, that of adapting and surviving onwards into the future. He felt tension he didn't realise he was holding release, felt himself rise up from the murky depths his anxiety and stress had put him into.

He blinked, and rubbed his own hands across his forehead, more thoughts settling in his mind as he realised just how fucking stupid it all was. He recalled how little sleep he'd gotten this Longnight, how much guilt he carried for the way he'd treated Korbin, how much the isolation within the Academy was affecting him. He took in a breath, and released it after Morgan's words asking about the timing of his talk with Korbin. Which one? he almost said back - how many failed talks had he had with Korbin, before or after that day where he fell onto the ice like a sack of potatoes?

"He didn't attack. He was injured and absolutely plastered , I thought I could restrain him to apply the necessary treatment, and I failed." Why did he keep seeing a need to defend the boy even when the boy's actions were deplorable? Why did he feel the need to clarify exactly what happened, as if that made it better? He didn't know, he couldn't figure it out - he supposed he really was just an arrogant, useless Outlander that Korbin constantly accused him of. "He clocked me a little while ago now. After that, I was told by the tavernowner of the place he was currently 'living' that he had been turned away for fights and nonpayment. I found him, and managed to get him cleaned up, at least for a night. This recent conversation happened just a few hours ago."

He took another deep breath, and refocussed on Morgan.

"Where I'm from, racism and hate against entire groups of people for no reason other than something as asinine as their place of birth exists. It is… terrible. And amazingly easy for people to find some sick kind of solace in such hateful ideals, to rally together and…" he shook his head, letting Morgan fill in the blanks. "It was one of the greatest failings of my world, that I had hoped was left behind me now. But seeing the loathing in Korbin, the sheer conviction behind his beliefs… It scared me Morgan. I can't ignore it."
I let you see the parts of me, that weren't all that pretty
And with every touch you fixed them
CHULANE

Messages In This Thread
Hard talks and harder choices - by Chulane - 06-20-2020, 08:11 AM
RE: Hard talks and harder choices - by Morgan - 06-20-2020, 09:59 AM
RE: Hard talks and harder choices - by Chulane - 06-20-2020, 11:45 AM
RE: Hard talks and harder choices - by Morgan - 06-20-2020, 06:32 PM
RE: Hard talks and harder choices - by Chulane - 06-21-2020, 05:09 AM
RE: Hard talks and harder choices - by Morgan - 06-21-2020, 06:25 PM
RE: Hard talks and harder choices - by Chulane - 06-22-2020, 05:10 AM
RE: Hard talks and harder choices - by Morgan - 06-22-2020, 08:15 PM