closer than a friend, I can be your enemy
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Just as his words did not wound her, Korbin was unphased by Kiada's retort. He held his arms out, palm up, in a gesture of helpless frustration.

"Too bad for you! I'm sure it sucks, but I still don't give a single solitary fuck about you."

It was just impossible to get these people to listen.

"If I had approached any one of you for your care, or your opinions, or advice on my life, I might have been happy to listen. But I did not. I have asked you all to leave me alone. You, Loren, Chulane... But you don't take no for an answer, do you? I've made it abundantly clear that I want nothing to do with any of you, yet you keep pushing yourself onto me.

"If what I think and what I say bother you so much, then for fucks sake, stop listening! Get out of my face, stop trying to make me be your friends or accept you or whatever the fuck it is you want. It won't work."

Wasn't that why they were here? Why she was here? He spoke his mind and Chulane didn't like it, and now his girlfriend was here to kick his ass. Perfect. Brilliant. A perfect display of 'dog doesn't wag its tail, so dog gets kicked'.

Korbin shook his head at her and laughed, hard and cold and bitter. Gods, he was tired. So fucking tired. Whatever it was they wanted from him, they wouldn't get it. He had nothing to give to anyone. Not care, not empathy, no benefit of the doubt. Certainly not trust.  

"You think I'm being an egoistical ass? Well, you're right. Because as far as I'm concerned, I'm the only person left in my life that matters now that Weaver isn't here anymore. And since you and your boyfriend so kindly saw fit to keep me alive, you'll just have to deal. Too bad you didn't look to see who you were rescuing before you stopped me from following that dragon. I've always been an asshole, but you didn't even bother to find that out, now did you."

There was a bitter kind of satisfaction in that. Everything that was brought upon these people were done so by themselves. He was only being who he'd always been, and they threw themselves right in his path, ready to be trodden into the snow. It's almost like they didn't believe him when he said he didn't care.
In loving memory of when I gave a shit
KORBIN
HALE

Messages In This Thread
RE: closer than a friend, I can be your enemy - by Korbin - 06-21-2020, 07:33 PM