closer than a friend, I can be your enemy
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Korbin scoffed, half amused, half disgusted that she was so eager to push him down further when he was already under. He could see what she was trying to do, make him doubt the community he grew up in. Well, she would have to work a bit harder on that too.

"Oh, they've tried. A few of them. Unlike you, they know how to take a hint and stay away when they're not wanted - or needed."

Her fist came flying again, and Korbin actually tried to dodge her this time. But he wasn't fast enough, and her knuckles hit his jaw again, hard enough to make him stagger. Pain flared like lightning through his mouth and head, and it took a bit before he regained his balance. But Korbin was tough, and big, and he straighened up again. Met her gaze again, with fists clenched.

He didn't try to strike back though. Morgan's ultimatum weighed too heavily on his mind, and he didn't want to risk that punishment. Not even to defend himself in a fight someone else had clearly started.

"Then why are you here, Kiada? Did I piss you off? Is it painful to have your illusions crushed? Not everyone's going to like you. Not everyone's going to raise their hands to the sky and praise you as saviors as soon as you spit out some clever idea. I'm definitely not going to lie and say I'm grateful for being 'saved', when I'm not! Is my honesty too hard for you to swallow?"

His grin was vicious, teeth stained red as he kept goading her. Man, it was strangely satisfying to be slapped around. Why was it that he felt more in control now than he ever had while besting his sister in a spar? That only happened once, and it hadn't ended well... but here, now, when he chose not to retaliate... ah, it sent shivers down the spine.

Who was really out of control this time, bitch!?
In loving memory of when I gave a shit
KORBIN
HALE

Messages In This Thread
RE: closer than a friend, I can be your enemy - by Korbin - 06-21-2020, 11:26 PM