Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints -
Dante Steelson
Nurse apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Dyn Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
DANTE
Wessex's words give Dante pause for a moment as he leans over Clem's corpse. Where he had spent the majority of his life was so unlike Caido, not only in the makeup of the world itself but of the people that resided there. It wasn't a radical viewpoint, allowing oneself to grieve without guilt, but one that he was admittedly unfamiliar with. When he had thought Clem dead in his own world, without his own stubbornness leading him here close behind, the general consensus was to move on. There was no time for grieving if you didn't want to risk being left behind.

But they weren't there anymore and perhaps what Wessex said had some truth to it. At least it gave him something to think on.

Or perhaps he would if her latest revelation hadn't interrupted his train of thought.

He recognized some of the names she mentioned, only Deimos really, but even that hardly gave him pause. He'd never agreed with the gods of Caido even if it was for a simple name. Abandoned. How terrible, to tear families apart based on a single word. It sounded as if Safrin was no different despite being just the herald. The devotion given to these beings never failed to irk him, staying far from the shrines if he had any say in it.

He takes a few moments as her words sink in, his mind working through heralds and god business again before short-circuiting at the idea that he had any sort of magic. Surely, he would've known by now if that were the case. A welcome banner with 'congratulations, you've been abandoned!' on it, maybe, if the gods were feeling kind. But gods and kindness hardly seemed to go hand in hand for the people he knew.

"I want to avenge Clem and Rexanna. If that means fighting then I'll gladly take up my bow. But... " His gaze falls to Clem's body, finding the charred fabric extremely interesting as he chooses his next words. She wasn't a stupid lady, far from it. Anybody worth their wits could tell you that, but there had to be a mistake. "I don't have magic. I'm not abandoned like Evie, or... I don't have that in me!" His voice breaks as he lifts his gaze to find hers, brow furrowed as he tears at his lower lip between his teeth.

where you go, i will follow
where you are, i will be

Messages In This Thread
RE: Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints - - by Dante - 07-21-2020, 07:38 AM