Nothing but problems between me and you
Delphine
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
It's so nice to meet you
Well, Korbin never claimed to consequent. Crazy is as crazy does, right? He absolutely would claim to hate cake and then eat one all by himself when he felt like it. "Well, it's hardly the first time. I recall that time in the tavern, and a very persistent bag of sweets, not to mention the way you refused to listen when I said I didn't want to have a hot meal or a place by the fire. You should stop that, at the very least. Accept it when people say 'no'."

As for the taste of the pie? Korbin had barely considered it, beyond being hot and not-sweet. "Crust was soggy, the meat dry, but the spices alright," he told her, in a brusque but constructive criticism.

All this was said as he turned over what he knew about magic in his head. It was only basic, things his mom had told Weaver and Erebor while he was around to listen. "Hm, magic... For starters, no one quite knows where it comes from. The gods consider it a curse, ever since The Voice used her magic to make herself immortal and rival them in power. It appears randomly, doesn't follow bloodlines, and as a rule a person is born with it."

Shifting in his seat, Korbin's eyes closed and his voice took on a lilting tone quite by habit, even though it was a long time since he had told any stories.

"Magic can indeed be sorted into three categories; light, dark and gray. The light abilities are healing, water, summoning, channeling and creation. The dark are fire, lightning, life drain and disintegration, while the gray are illusion, telekinesis, earth and air. Life drain and Healing are incompatible; a person cannot have both, and you can't heal someone with life drain magic."

Humming as he thought about what else there might be, Korbin added; "There's personal magic too, that's unique to each user. As far as I know, they can be similar but not the same as someone else's." He cracked open an eye and shot Delphine a glance, to make sure she was keeping up.
Let's never meet again

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nothing but problems between me and you - by Korbin - 06-25-2020, 05:13 PM