Turned Around
_Dorian Pryor
The Orator

Age: 42 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DORIAN
Dorian smiled, giving her a little wink as he let go of her hands and tapped the side of his nose, settling back into his chair. "Indeed, that is what we had suspected as well. It is why you are so uniquely situated by virtue of your position - an invaluable asset." he said, stoking her ego but with great genuine care. If she was anything less after all, he wouldn't be there to speak with her. That which made her special was what had brought her to their attention after all.

He lifted his teacup to his lips, sipping from it delicately, allowing her question to hang in the air for a brief moment as he pondered the rain clouds in the distance. "We would ask for your support - in name, in voice, in devotion, in information. With these things we hope to quell a war without ever shedding a drop of innocent blood. You see...the Voice nearly obliterated the world with her war before she was ensnared by the Old Gods. We aim to not let history repeat itself." he said softly, looking back at her. His expression softened, melting into a warm smile. "We cannot do this, however, without you and those like you."
I don't treat people badly,
I treat them accordingly
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Quell a war without shedding a drop of innocent blood. If there was ever a way to appeal to Amalia surely it is this. More than veiled promises of things she dares not dream, more than finely applied fingers to an ever fragile ego, this has the Shield leaning forward, interest turning eyes like coal into burning embers. "How?"

He hasn't clarified very much, not really, and Amalia can feel her head beginning to spin with the weight of unanswered questions. Sitting back with the tea still clenched, undrunk, between her hands, the Shield tries to make her thoughts into something comprehensible. "How do you intend to stop a war without bloodshed? And what role do you expect me to play? And people like me- do you mean Ronin? Remi? Who else?" Jigano, but he has gone off on an adventure, shirking duty as Amalia has so often dreamed of doing. Others who Amalia has not met, from the rest of the lands beyond the bubble?
someday we'll find what we're looking for
or maybe not
maybe we'll find something much greater
_Dorian Pryor
The Orator

Age: 42 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
DORIAN
"Wars are won and lost long before any soldier steps foot on a battlefield, my dear. As to the exact measures, I cannot say. I am no general." he said gently. He could only answer so much, and he was not the sort to tell lies for the sake of a win - no, the truth was always much more convincing anyways. "All we would ask for now Amalia, is that you cooporate with us, give us what information you can. At this time we are merely assessing the playing field." he said, raising a hand as if to tell her to slow down.

Her blood burned hot it seemed, serious, to the point, quick to action. He could see why Vi loved her so. But at her question about who else, he merely shrugged. "I think you are quick witted enough to discern that answer yourself, my dear." he said with a warm smile.

"But I must ask, and forgive my boldness but, would you be ammenable to this arrangement? It seems to be that perhaps these matters had plagued your mind long before now, and we have the infrastructure - with your assistance - to bring you peace in the end."
I treat them accordingly
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
Dorian continues to say a lot and very little, playing expertly on the Shield's devotion while leaving her in the dark. It is dizzying, and when he asks his final question she finds herself needing a steadying breath, a moment to collect her thoughts.

The question isn't whether or not she is amenable. The thing Amalia still does not know is what the arrangement is. "What information would you need?" Is it something she can easily give- and if so, again, why her? "I don't know that I can help you if you don't tell me how I'm supposed to help."

Oh, but of course this is all a weak and final protest. Amalia is already nearly sold- she was the moment he mentioned Vi, appealing to her need to serve and matter. Stubborn she may be, but she has her weaknesses. She is mortal, after all.
or maybe not
_Dorian Pryor
The Orator

Change author:
DORIAN
He smiled at her warmly, chuckling a bit at her eagerness to get down to the minutiae immediately. Ah, he remembered when he too raced to the finish line. But as he had grown, he had learned to appreciate the results that came from taking one's time. It seemed for now, he would be the one to put on the breaks to slow her sprint.

"Before I can answer that, my dear, we must first assess our situation. That you are amenable to helping if you can is all that I ask for now." he said, sipping his tea. "A frustrating answer, I am sure, but remember, Vi did not create all of life in a single moment, but has developed it over the ages. Remain patient, and ever faithful, and I will be sure to update you as soon as I can." he said as he stood.

Dorian bowed slightly, a charming smile on his lips. "Now, I am afraid I must be off but please take your time - everything's been paid for. May Vi's blessings grace your path, and Safrin's stars light your way, Amalia." he said in parting, before turning on his heel and disappearing down the path away from the Inn.
I treat them accordingly
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
the shield of safrin
A frustrating answer indeed, but before she's able to speak to her frustrations and curiosity further the man is standing, readying to leave her to her own perplexed musings. Amalia, too, rises to her feet, not sure what to do or say. He seems to know so much more than her, and she feels simultaneously enlightened and in the dark.

"I... thank you?" the Shield stutters slightly, looking down to the food on the table and then back up to the handsome, strange man. "May we meet again in Rae's realm," she murmurs softly, watching as he turns away before sinking back into her seat.

{fin}
or maybe not