Things we lost in the fire
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
it's 2am and i took 17 shots of vodka trying to forget your name
but the only name i forgot was mine. and sober —
It isn’t made easier by seeing her mother placed upon the pyre once it’s been erected. It keeps her silent, however, twitching slightly when Hotaru’s hand slips into hers and she looks over toward her aunt with eyes full of glassy tears, face red and eyes puffy. She intertwines her fingers with Hotaru’s, tearing her attention away from where her mother’s placed to give her a hug, to wrap her arms around the Valkyrie and let some of the connection grow.

Hotaru had been a second mother to her, not unlike Amalia is now.

But she hears Deimos’ silent attuned bond apologies. And it tears her open, burying her face into Hotaru’s chest, tears streaming down her cheeks and wetting Hotaru’s shirt – the soft whispers of her aunt and the soft stroking of dark hair making it somewhat better and yet still not the same. She never realized how much she’d miss her mother, half okay with the idea of never realizing she’d been here if only to not have to deal with this sudden heartbreak.

Part of her feels lost as she listens to Deimos’ silent goodbye, knowing how much shit they’d talked about her mother in the darkest of nights, out of amusement and jokes – but she’d meant so much to both of them. So incredibly much.

But then it’s her turn, and she shifts a bit in Hotaru’s embrace, pulling herself away to wipe at her eyes, to sniffle back the effect of her running nose with this, sorrow breaking open her heart as she takes a look at what was left of her mother, ready to be burned. She doesn’t care if anyone can hear her, not as she places the piece of rubble onto the pyre to burn with her. “I took this… From the Rift because it was your home. And I know you weren’t… The same as I remember you were. I’m sorry I didn’t see it before.” Her voice shakes and wavers, cracking here and there as she fights back more tears, breaking apart in a million pieces. “I miss you. I always did. And I was mad for a long time about what happened, and you didn’t deserve that. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, mom.” It trails off into a whisper at the end, her hand leaving the pyre as she goes to step back – attention drawn to Bastien then, stepping back to stand beside him and wipe at her eyes, head ducked as she moves to let Hotaru say her own goodbye as well.
— or drunk, you're the only thing on my mind
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3

Messages In This Thread
Things we lost in the fire - by Bastien - 07-01-2020, 10:51 AM
RE: Things we lost in the fire - by Deimos - 07-01-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: Things we lost in the fire - by Kiada - 07-02-2020, 06:53 PM
RE: Things we lost in the fire - by Hotaru - 07-02-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: Things we lost in the fire - by Bastien - 07-02-2020, 07:36 PM
RE: Things we lost in the fire - by Deimos - 07-02-2020, 11:00 PM
RE: Things we lost in the fire - by Kiada - 07-03-2020, 02:29 AM
RE: Things we lost in the fire - by Hotaru - 07-05-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: Things we lost in the fire - by Bastien - 07-05-2020, 04:39 PM