Personal Quest Make it again, but better
Open PQ to rebuild the Citadel Gates
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
When Morgan turned around from melting the ice away, she was very surprised to see Korbin. After their testy talk over Longnight and the man's general unwillingness to rub along with anyone else right now, he had not been who she was expecting to see. If he wanted to help though, as long as he would do a good job, she was willing to let him join in.

Neron was more expected, as he'd said he would assist with future repairs. Morgan gave him a perfunctory nod, eyes moving off him quickly as if she did not want anyone else to think anything of him. Mallorie received a warm smile (she was shaping up to be a good guard already, Morgan thought) and Noah too, the council member earning his title.

"Thank you all for coming." She said to everyone gathered. "It's still cold, but the winds have stopped enough for us to do this important work: our whole Citadel will be safer and more secure after this, which I'm sure is something we can all bond over wanting." Even with the many differences in opinion over the group.

She turned to the open hole of the gate, now empty once again with the water having spilled out. There were remnants of the old gate clinging to it, determined parts of the ramparts that were damaged but not gone: it was not good to build anew atop of a shaky foundation. "First, we will need to give ourselves a better start to work from. I am going to clean the stone and melt any remaining ice, so everything will fit nicely. Then we will need someone to remove the old wood - that may be a two person task...then someone to sand down the spikes on the metal portcullis so we can be sure it is sharp and ready. Finally, someone to assist the stone smith in making holes and grooves in the ground for the gate to fit in." Whatever they did was up to them; as long as it was done, she didn't mind.

With the orders given, she set to her own task, blasting the stone with a fine shot of water which stripped away the mould and dirt, revealing clean masonry beneath.

---
These tasks are required:

1. (Two people) Remove the wood of the old gate: There are large splinters on the top and bottom of the gate which need to be removed and disposed of.
2. Sand down the spikes of the portcullis gates. You can do this with sanding blocks/paper, or something more creative if you have an idea!
3. Help the stonesmith (you can make up a name if you like) dig grooves and holes in the ground by helping to hold things still, putting pressure on a drill, marking things out, etc

No post order for this round!
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for

Messages In This Thread
Make it again, but better - by Morgan - 07-01-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Korbin - 07-01-2020, 05:00 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Neron - 07-01-2020, 05:05 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Mallorie - 07-01-2020, 08:12 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Noah - 07-01-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Morgan - 07-02-2020, 02:35 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Korbin - 07-02-2020, 03:05 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Noah - 07-02-2020, 06:33 PM