Personal Quest Make it again, but better
Open PQ to rebuild the Citadel Gates
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
The work Morgan had set herself was somewhat calming, when she got into it. Seeing the clean rock come through and eventually take over from the filth, grooves redefined and the gate restored to some of it's finer glory, she felt like the task before them was more possible than it had seemed when they had begun.

Korbin and Neron both had their own ways to reach the splinters of the door that needed to be removed. Neron was successful, his ice stairs easily allowing him to ascend (ha) and grab the splinters to toss them down. Korbin was less so, the perch he'd found as a raven not quite as steady as a human and the imbalance damaging his work. Still, between the two of them, they managed to clear out the old remnants of the gate.

Mallorie would find that she could move the portcullis successfully (Morgan, looking over, was very impressed indeed by this feat) but that sanding them was a different matter, especially with the cold still biting at fingers and making everyone stiff. While she did succeed in the end the work would be difficult and the final result, while functional, was not necessarily beautiful.

Noah unfortunately would have the worst luck of the lot. While he was indeed strong, perhaps he was too tired: the mason would groan and sigh as he lost his grip on the tools that had been given to him, cascading them to the cobbled ground and one particularly heavy hammer landing on his foot. Tsking, the mason would walk away to start digging into the stone floor himself, clearly having lost faith in the help.

When Morgan found that most of the stone was clean she stood back and gathered those who had finished their work. "Next, we need to lift the doors up and in. I believe two to a door should do it, if someone would help me...?" Lifting one side of one of the huge slabs of wood and iron, she waited for someone to take the other. The remaining half of the door would need another pair: it would take quite a bit of co ordination to get the door evenly up between two people.

---
Korbin does poorly at picking out the splinters, but luckily Neron is there to pick up the slack!

Mallorie just manages to sand the portcullis to satisfaction.

Noah drops what he's carrying and drops a hammer on his toe!

--
Noah needs to try help the mason again! (rolled a 1 >O>)
Everyone else, help Morgan lift up the wooden gate into the grooves! One person will need to help her with her half, then 2 for the other half!
No post order
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for

Messages In This Thread
Make it again, but better - by Morgan - 07-01-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Korbin - 07-01-2020, 05:00 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Neron - 07-01-2020, 05:05 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Mallorie - 07-01-2020, 08:12 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Noah - 07-01-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Morgan - 07-02-2020, 02:35 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Korbin - 07-02-2020, 03:05 PM
RE: Make it again, but better - by Noah - 07-02-2020, 06:33 PM