butterknife what a life anyway (o)
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
war is raging in my head
The huff from Korbin brought her gaze up to him, her own sort of smile dancing at her lips. She didn't know how often he smiled, how often he laughed, or how often he resigned to squandering in his grief alone. But she knew that she liked the way his face lit up, even just a bit.

Aisha and Korbin continued to walk in a sweet silence, the ruins seemed to unfold before them, their legs the conduit for some other force's desire. She had no destination in mind, her original plan had been to explore, assess the damage and mull over her decisions. Things had changed, and she no longer had any goal in mind. Just company, a road to walk. How was it that Korbin had done that, cleared her mind of warring thoughts to just let her feel?

It was once again the boy who broke the silence, a request of his own. A story for a story. Aisha had so many stories, a life full. "Ok," she agreed with a nod, pausing after to give it some thought. She could make it grand, create characters and names and myths from the memories she held. But she chose to lay it bare, "When I was little I was obssessed with flying."

"I had friends who were songbirds, eagles, spirits with wings. I love being a leopard, but I wanted to see the world from above. I wanted to fly," thinking about her childhood brought a bittersweet quirk to her lips, "I never would, but I still hoped. I was still jealous of my friends who could. I used to ask my mother every night what I could do to fly. At first she would tell me no, that I couldn't fly that's not how it worked. But I was persistent, and one night she said, 'just wait Aisha, someday you will.' For a ten year old who believed everything her mom said, that was the most exciting news. Then I grew up and didn't fly, and it was just another thing that happened when I was little."

She gave a light hum as she remembered those words, the irony of them. "I'll never get to show her my wings, but I like to think she knew." What a personal story to tell an acquaintence, but she had no awe-inspring legends to share this time. Just her feelings, just the things that mattered.
don't know which side wants me dead

Messages In This Thread
butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 03:15 AM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 03:44 AM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 04:11 AM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 04:31 AM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 04:55 AM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 01:18 PM
RE: butterknife what a life anyway (o) - by Aisha - 07-02-2020, 08:15 PM