check my pulse and if I'm dead you owe me
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
you killed a man there, and i cried
but the rain masked the hurt behind your face
Despite Nate’s awkward movement, it doesn’t feel that way for Sunjata as he presses himself in close just as much – letting the spiked coffee of the morning warm him and alleviate the initial sting of pain. His hand slips from Nate’s hair to his shoulder, wrapping around his back to the other side as he keeps him close, breathing him in, listening and feeling the vibrations of his voice. “I made him a deal with the Advocates that I wouldn’t stick my nose into his business if we got some shit to spread through the guild to Halo and the Grounds. But… I’ll hazard a guess and say that’s probably off, hm?” He mumbles against Nate’s skin, despite the slight shrug that’s granted from broad, pain filled shoulders.

But then, he realizes it too just when Nate says it, and he shifts his head to press a kiss to where the Ascended’s shoulder and neck meets. “Gods willing.” He hums, shifting a bit to settle back into the pillows a bit, taking Nate with him if he can. “I… I think at some point this season I’m going to see Safrin and try to get the daggers done.” He pulls away a bit, letting his steel gaze flicker along Nate’s face for a reaction. “Should I go before or after?” The quiet question is aired, before or after the wedding, wondering deep down if it’ll change anything.
by the way, dear, we're alive
and it hurts 'cause we survived it
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
The universe is expanding
But I don't feel a damn thing
It seemed like such a rare treat to be able to hold Sunjata close like this, to wrap around him completely and feel like he was being protective, and it was one that Nate savoured now, despite the heavy conversation. Fingers run down along the attuned’s back, careful of the burns, and pausing as low down as Nate can reach, a slow circle traced there. ”Can’t imagine he’ll be happy to do any business with you. Maybe... it’ll just be personal, and you can have someone else from the advocates deal with him.” Another lights shrug. Even that seemed a little hopeful, who knew how seriously the pirate captain was going to treat this ‘rivalry’?

Even if he can’t sleep, Nate won’t fight being pulled into bed properly, his arms staying wrapped around Sunjata while they shift. ”Thought you were still missing stuff for that?” A single brow lifts carefully, pulling off the curious expression without tugging too much at the scar across Nate’s face. There’s a flicker of anxiety in his eye though, and a shrug rolling over his shoulders in response. ”Before, I think. We don’t want any surprises, right?” At least if the attuned gets a chance to speak to Safrin, they’ll have an idea of what his standing is at the minute, how it stands to possibly fall after the marriage.
Love and understanding
Were simply too demanding
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
The slow smooth circles Nate draws along his lower back cause a few goosebumps to travel up his spine, and he focuses on his fiancé with every inch of focus he has despite the hanging exhaustion within his bones. “Perhaps.” He agrees quietly, knowing it can’t be Nate nor him, but perhaps Hotaru or someone else within their ranks. But that’s for later thinking, not for bow when they’re tied up within one another and Nate’s taken such great care of him in his downed state.

So he focuses on talking of Safrin instead, a quiet moment of consideration. “I haven’t…” He trails off with a small sigh. “I want to go and ask her to omit the Fae bit. I’ve gotten every other one.” He hums, even by accident — read, Zephyr. But he inhales a bit sharper, shifting a bit to tilt his head back until it sinks into the pillow, his hand sliding along whatever part of Nate he can reach before he swallows hard. “I’ll go before.” He considers, pausing to chew on the inside of his cheek.

She might want to come to this one.” He doesn’t presume to know, but if he had to guess based off of her comments of Frey… Perhaps she might make a visit. But he focuses on his lover, waiting for a reaction.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
With the both of them in agreement, there’s nothing more to be said on Jack, something Nate is more than okay with, even if the conversation does shift to gods, and most specifically, one of the ones most likely to have an issue with him. ”Do you think... she’ll have an issue with that?” He asks softly, not knowing enough about the herald to assume one way or the other. The hands on him are almost a distraction, but Nate doesn’t miss the nerves in his partner, doesn’t miss the opportunity to press a kiss to his jaw, his lips, trying to offer support in the gentlest way he can.

”I’m sure it’ll be fine.” He insists, despite only being able to hope that it was the truth. ”And... I’ll be going to the Voice soon too. Not that I don’t love biting you, but... I need something more.” Theres a short laugh, the joke coming easy, almost too easily considering the words that followed. ”And not only a new eye.”

Nate tries to not suck in a nervous breath at the idea of Safrin at the ceremony. His mortality came to mind far easier lately, and there were a great many ways that could go wrong. But he settles, licks his lips and smiles, trying for more humour. ”That’d be interesting. I don’t know if she’d think it’s better than the last one though.”
Love and understanding
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
A low hum slips from his throat as he considers his lover, the question posed. “I hope not. Maybe she’ll pity me.” He hums, a small amount of humor forcing its way through. “Or maybe she’ll just tell me to go get it before seeing her.” He shrugs his right shoulder, trying his best to keep from moving the burns too much as he sinks back into the pillows. His hands continue their slightly anxious movements along Nate while he leans into the kisses pressed to his jaw, to his lips.

Exhausted steel meets the electric blue of Nate’s as he speaks of seeing the Voice, igniting a small crooked smile to form through the pained lines of his face. “Oh you can tell me if I’m not enough.” He hums back, offering a bit of that ease. “I understand.” A wink is given before he’s pulling Nate a smidge closer, brushing his nose against the Ascended’s. “Are you going to try for a new color?” He asks, reference to a prior conversation. But he calms when he suggests that Safrin might want to come to this one, leaning back just enough to scan Nate’s face for a response.

And it’s about what he expects, but he keeps his hands on Nate, a slight tilt of his head given to his fiancé as he considers it. “Well… I think she’d really only throw a fit if Frey were there.” He muses, recalling his diety’s disdain for the fellow god. He doesn’t even know if she’ll want to come, but at the very least he keeps it in mind just in case.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
There is worry that comes with the idea of Sunjata going to a shrine, facing down his goddess with nothing more than hope and a mostly finished request. Maybe the intention would be enough, or maybe she'd simply send him away and let him try again. "If nothing else, you're especially pitiable right now." A wordless apology is offered almost immediately, Nate's smile obvious in the light kisses he presses to Sunjata's face.

"Sometimes I think you're too much for just me. Or... I'm not quite enough." It was a rare, quiet admission of inadequacy, accompanied by a grin that's more habit than it is feeling, a laugh hiding the accidental vulnerability, keeping the mood light. He leans in without hesitation, grabbing onto the question easily. "I don't know. It might be kind of nice to have a bit of a change. A nice grey or something." Softer than his natural bright blue, but maybe there was a point to be made for softness, in places. They didn't get softness often.

"As long as I'm not getting smote, I won't complain about any Gods coming." Nate concedes with a rough laugh. The ascended might be wary of Safrin, both because of the things he's been told, and the way he knows she feels about his kind of people, but he has more than enough faith in Sunjata to not be worried if he isn't. "I don't think the Voice would come." The musing is out loud, though the train of thought is silent, the tracks obvious enough to follow without help. A wedding didn't exactly seem like the kind of event she would deign with her presence, and especially not for Nate.
Love and understanding
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
There’s an amused grin that spreads across his face, almost as if he’s proud of the pitiful look to him and how it might come across to anyone else, but in reality Sunjata can only hope it works out in a way that is fine and safe and not further harming to himself. He doesn’t think it’ll get to that point, she’s his goddess, their relationship is a good one as far as he’s aware. Surely she wouldn’t result to violence if he were to have failed his quest, right? Right. But he doesn’t get a chance to reply to that comment, not as Nate’s lips are along his face, gentle kisses pressed here and there and everywhere, and he closes his eyes to lean into them.

The soft admission has his prior grin shifting to something softer, tired steel eyes opening to scan Nate’s face, to brush his cheek against his lover’s. “Gods, I love you.” He hums quietly, pressing a soft kiss to the Ascended’s lips, before settling in again. “You’re more than enough for me.” He reciprocates, believing it with all of his heart. Even if Nate wanted to pass over the quiet admission, Sunjata latches on, trying to ensure that the Ascended knows how much he means to the attuned.

At the mention of a soft grey, however, it brings that humor back to life in Sunjata, a smirk crossing his face momentarily. “Trying to get closer to me, hm?” A light tease before he’s huffing out a bit of air in a breathy laugh. “Grey would suit you.” He inevitably agrees, reaching up with a hand to rest along the side of Nate’s face, his thumb stroking idly along Nate’s cheekbone. A soft sound leaves him however at the mention of smiting and the gods and the fact that Nate doesn’t think the Voice would come, has Sunjata searching his face.

Would you want her to?” He asks quietly, head tilting a small amount to the side, unsure and uncertain whether it would be good to even extend the possibility. And what it might mean should Safrin appear.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
Nate can't stop the soft huff of laughter that leaves him, so softly it nearly sounds like a sigh. His eye closes as a kiss is pressed to him, Nate leaning in to follow the lips after they part, just for a moment, before he gets a hold of himself again. "I love you too. With everything I've got." Whether it felt like enough or not, to either of them. It was what they had, and as long as Sunjata was willing to stay at his side, Nate was going to work to make that place worthwhile.

This huff is rougher, closer to a proper laugh at the teasing aimed towards him. "M' always trying to get closer to you, Sunny." As if he's trying to demonstrate, Nate presses their foreheads together softly, tilting his head just so to claim yet another kiss, smile spreading over his lips while he does. His eyes slowly close, only to snap open at the next words to leave the attuned, Nate leaning into the hand moving along his cheek. "You think so?" A single blue eye searches Sunjata's face for a hint of a lie, the grin on Nate's face only growing at what he doesn't find.

It's a simple question, with a complicated answer. A solid, obvious "No" nearly leaves Nate, though he can't quite manage it, because it's not that simple. He doesn't want it because he knows she won't, and he won't ask in case the answer is no outright. He doesn't want it because he doesn't need her there, as much as he quietly wants the approval. "I don't want anyone there who doesn't need to be there." He answers instead, avoiding the question deftly. Leaning in so their cheeks touch, Nate lets his lips come close to Sunjata's ears, so he can whisper his next words, full of warmth. "The only people who really need to be there are you, and me."
Love and understanding
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He notices the way Nate slips forward to follow the Attuned’s lips, but he doesn’t comment on it. Not when the confirmation of love is met and warmth continues to spread through him. A smile spreads across his face as soon as Nate’s comment reaches him, foreheads pressed together, and Sunjata closes his eyes and gives into the kiss that follows, stopping any sort of retort Sunjata can come up with, like how it’s pretty shitty to be him, but not too terrible because he’s here with Nate, at home, full of love when pain has overtaken so much of his life.

But the kiss breaks and Sunjata’s mentioning that grey would suit him, his head tilting a bit, the hand at the Ascended’s cheek moving to twist his fingers into dark raven hair. “I do.” He agrees easily, wholeheartedly, no ounce of a lie within. And the grin in response is worth it to him, worth every bit of it. But as Sunjata was usually prone to do, the conversation shifts to something that would damper the first morning of Flowerbirth. But as Nate usually did as well, turns it into something easier to swallow, something sweeter, and Sunjata understands — his hand fully moving to the back of Nate’s neck as soon as the Ascended’s cheek is brushing against his own, as soon as the words are leaving Nate’s lips.

A series of goosebumps run up and down his spine, pushing at the painful skin and burns, and Sunjata hisses slightly before he nuzzles his cheek into Nate’s, burying his face where he can. “Just us.” He comments softly, before reluctantly pulling away when his stomach rumbles, pressing kisses to Nate’s neck and jaw and cheek as he withdraws. “I suppose I should try and eat something, huh?” And hopefully keep it down. “As much as I want to live off of water, coffee, booze, and cigarettes… Something tells me my doctor wouldn’t like that too much.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
Approval and agreement are all well and good, and don't really require anymore answering in words, though that doesn't mean Nate's lips aren't busy. And, maybe more importantly, in the long run, the idea is set in his head, a request, a preference to be voiced when it became relevant, if it became relevant.

The laugh that leaves Nate in response to the attuned's growling stomach is more than enough to stifle the grumble of discontentment that comes with the distance growing between them. It was probably for the best. It was all too easy to forget physical needs, too easy to get wrapped up in the closeness and just not move. "Least you could do is try, after I slaved away making you food." He teases, managing to keep his voice, his mood bright.

Hands move to push Nate upright properly again, then extend out to help Sunjata into the same position, strong arms and gentle hands offering as much support as he can muster. "Your food pyramid is all fucked up darling, and you don't need a doctor to point it out." Nate shook his head while he spoke, while he reached out for the bowl he'd brought up initially, filled with (now lukewarm) oatmeal, and sliced fruits. Not exactly a culinary delight, but simple enough that it shouldn't bother Sunjata's stomach too much, while still being worth actually eating.

Cool enough to be rested on the bed, Nate sets it down in easy reach, and grabs his coffee, taking a long sip before he speaks again. "Let me know if you want a hand."
Love and understanding
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Part of him is glad that Nate finds amusement in the voracious sound that slips from Sunjata’s stomach, even though the thought of eating seems to attempt to rear that nausea back up to being in front and center. It’s frustrating, but he knows he has to try – hoping that the spiked drink from before might be enough to quell that part of him down. “Ah yes, slaving away.” He half groans, playfully of course, following the bright mood that Nate offers.

But as Nate sits up a bit more properly and reaches out for the Attuned, Sunjata latches onto him to try and pull himself up a bit more in a way that doesn’t hurt quite as bad. It only half works. He sits up, hunches over for a brief moment, a free hand clutching the blankets there as he draws his legs crossed beneath him. Half of him wants to hiss and complain, but the better part of him simply clenches his jaw, recovers quickly, offers a joke and focuses back on Nate as he comments that his food pyramid is fucked up.

It works enough to draw a crooked smile along his face, through the tightness and the pain. “It’s a fun food pyramid, though... Sometimes.” He retorts, sitting up a bit more to take the bowl and clutch it in his hands. He stares down at the bowl, a deep inhale that goes nice and slow to not expand the burns too much slips through him, and then he’s attempting to lift the bowl – using his left hand to try and use the utensil within.

Only to notice that his hand shakes with the pressure, without having something to rest against as his body fights against the burns and the pain. But Sunjata’s fucking stubborn, sets the bowl down and shifts the hands he attempts to use, finding it easier with his right hand to not shake and tremble, but the muscles in his stomach still manage to twitch against the burn. One bite takes what feels like forever as he fights against any of the nausea and frustration and pain it causes, and he can’t quite look at Nate through it – too determined and stubborn to admit just how weak he still is, even though Nate knows this and has offered help. Instead, he pauses, staring down into the bowl.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
"Well can sometimes only be when you're in perfect health?" Nate huffs, tilting his head towards Sunjata without putting too much of his focus on the attuned. No liked to be stared at while they ate. It was the whole reason he'd grabbed his coffee, so there was something for his hands and mouth to do. But... it's hard to not feel the tremble in his fiance, with how close they are, harder still to not immediately turn and just take over, sparing the trouble, the pain, but not the embarrassment that Nate knows will burn.

No, this needs a little more tact, one of those shields Nate throws up so easily for himself. "Here." The coffee is switched from one hand to the other, so he can grab the spoon with the closer hand, the action so casual it would be silly to be upset about. "Try it with the fruit in one bite." He scoops up a spoonful and offers it up easily, stopping just short of literally feeding Sunjata, to preserve some dignity.
Love and understanding
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Fine.” Sunjata murmurs softly before he’s focusing on fighting through the pain to eat. His body trembles, tenses, and he fights to try and swallow the bite he’s taken when he finally manages to get the food to his lips. He swallows it down, hard, pausing as he tries to ensure he’s not going to get incredibly nauseous from the breakfast – though worrying afterward that it could be more pain related than actually hunger related.

But Nate is swift, a soft here, an easy hand of help that Sunjata hates so deeply down that he needs, but ultimately deciding that it’s probably better this way. That it’s Nate doing it, rather than a stranger. So the Korofian swallows down on his pride, swallows down on everything else as Nate scoops up the bit of food and pauses as he offers it up so Sunjata can take it in a not so badly trembling hand to at least feed himself.

Dankie.” He breathes, even if it’s half grit out, before he bites down on the food and tries to do as Nate’s instructed, keeping his gaze lowered to the bed where his left hand still clutches the blankets as if the tighter he holds it the less pain he’ll be in. Once that’s swallowed down, he can’t help but to keep his gaze a bit lower, setting the spoon back in the bowl before a sharp inhale slips through his nose. “Koffie?” The request is quiet, but he’s hopeful for any sort of relief once more from the pain, still unable to fully look at Nate through the requests.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
All the logic in the world couldn't stop Nate from wishing, not for the first time, and definitely not for the last, that he had been the one to bear the brunt of the pain the tunnels. The past can't be changed now, and as much as he wants to take out his frustration on something (there is a pair of faces that come to mind, though that's how they'd gotten into this, isn't it?) he had to force himself to keep his head. "Natuurlik, dikbek." Nate offers easily, returning to his coffee, though his efforts haven't quite had the effect he wanted. It's fine. He knows how he'd be, if their roles were reversed. He knew how he'd been, when their roles were reversed.

Gods, should that feel like a lifetime ago? It's barely been a season since then, but it feels like a lifetime has passed since then, so much changing he scarcely feels like the same person.

No matter how lost in his own thoughts he might be, Nate is easily roused by the rumble of Sunjata's voice, his hands already moving even as he turns to furrow his brow, mind needing a moment to properly catch up. The mug is lifted to the attuned's lips, and Nate tries his distraction again, tries to chat like nothing is wrong, in the hopes that maybe trying hard enough will make it so. "When you're done eating, we can have a smoke, and stay in bed the rest of the morning. It looks like rain today." Like the weather was the only thing keeping them tucked in bed.
Love and understanding