check my pulse and if I'm dead you owe me
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
The universe is expanding
But I don't feel a damn thing
It makes Nate ache in sympathy as Sunjata shifts, every move pulling at some raw wound, and his hands immediately move to help support the attuned. He wishes there was more he could do. As much as he does better in this position, unable to withdraw into himself, and with the appropriate knowledge, he would immediately dive back into his own whole of dizzying numbness to spare the other man this pain. It just doesn't feel fair, after all he'd done, and it's exactly what he'd been afraid of happening.

Thoughts are cut shirt by the arm reaching out to drag him close, Nate's body responding before his mind does, a careful arm snaking out around a mostly uninjured back. His other stretches out to grab a coffee cup, knowing it won't be wanted, but determined to try anyway. "That bad?" Comes the murmured question, the attempt at levity, as Nate raises the mug to the other's lips, the smell betraying the presence of something that wasn't coffee, something to take the edge off, without going past Sunjata's (surprisingly low) tolerance.

He hasn't really said it yet, hasn't known how, but the more time passes the harder it will be to say, the worse it will feel. And while he could excuse the few days away as emergency, Nate doesn't want to keep holding onto it into a new year. He can at least pretend like his actions will affect the coming years at all. "I'm sorry. I... should have done more. Should have done something."
Love and understanding
Were simply too demanding

Messages In This Thread
RE: check my pulse and if I'm dead you owe me - by Nate - 07-04-2020, 07:03 AM