check my pulse and if I'm dead you owe me
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
The universe is expanding
But I don't feel a damn thing
Nate doesn't move as the other man tries, and fails, to reach for the cup himself, but he doesn't bring any attention to it either, just let's Sunjata sip until he's sated, then sets the mug back on the side table. Food can wait, for a bit at least. Until he's sure the coffee's stayed down well enough to risk it. One of those things that keeps him focused, keeps his mind busy enough to not fall apart, though that becomes a little more difficult, as they start talking.

"It would have." He agrees finally, reluctantly. "But it kills me to see you hurt. At least I wouldn't feel it, by this point." How conveniently he forgets the trauma of his own, much smaller burn, how it had ached and hissed, how it had kept burning, long after it should have gone out. He wouldn't have made it, with the smuggler's detour, and the extent of the burns. As gently as he can manage, he shifts them, so Sunjata is leaning more completely against him, so Nate can rub cool fingers around the burns, trying to soothe muscles pulled tight by the healing skin.

There is a bubble of anger as well, hidden beneath his concern, though this is one he cannot act on, lest he start the whole game of retaliation over again. What he can do instead is voice another apology, Nate's lips pressed against his fiance's head while he speaks. "I'm sorry it took us so long to get you home."
Love and understanding
Were simply too demanding

Messages In This Thread
RE: check my pulse and if I'm dead you owe me - by Nate - 07-05-2020, 07:12 AM