Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
ZEPHYR
No promise sweeter than a blood pact
Nothing harder to go through with
than a vanishing act
You're more grateful for the break than your face lets on, though after careful examination of the snowy rail your gratitude wanes somewhat. At least Sam has the decency to spread his coat out for you, and you settle onto it without much protest, hands shoved in your jacket pockets, scarf pulled around your mouth.

You've had enough experience with people vanishing off the face of the earth for days at a time (and enough with Sam and his general sweetness and tendency to overreact) that you figure whatever his story is, it won't phase you too much. A not-drunken bender culminating in a hook up with his ex, or an ill-advised vacation on the Kuali'i isles ending with him stranded while he waited for them to return to shore. Maybe he'd just gotten tired of your snoring and didn't have the heart to tell you himself.

Basically, anything other than oh hey Zeph, I accidentally killed a queen.

"...What."

There's stark incredulity in your face and voice, and maybe a little bit of laughter because fuck, there's no way, right? This is some sort of insane joke, and ha ha Red, very good. Except that Sam's voice is earnest and shaky, and when you look back at him you realize he isn't meeting your eyes. So this time when you say it again the humor is gone, replaced by bewilderment because seriously- "Red... what?"
Though you repent and don sackcloth
and try to make nice
You can’t cross the same river twice

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom - by Zephyr - 07-03-2020, 09:09 PM