Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
How can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
It seemed this time that Zeph understood; Sam was glad to hear that he apparently had grasped the seriousness of the situation, even if it did sound pretty bizarre (what about his life from the last 2 years hadn't been?).

"The Voice won't hurt me-" He was pretty sure of that, anyway. "--Not now that I've gone back to her. Other than Wessex...well, Nate already punched me in Haulani." Sam laughed down at the ground, but it wasn't particularly mirthful. He supposed it was good he didn't have pain, but there was still plenty of shame and shock in being punched in the jaw so hard it sent you to the ground.

Looking across at Zeph, he bit his lip. "...Do you...think I'm...a good person, still? And are you mad at me for going back to the Voice?" Maybe he was getting too much in his own head, but he knew Zeph didn't like the Gods; maybe his independence from The Voice had been what had made them closer. Awaiting an answer nervously, he rocked back and forth a little on his perch.
The blind man sleeps in the doorway, his home
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom - by Samuel - 07-04-2020, 11:25 PM