Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
How can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Sam had to admit he was curious to know what the apparent drama between Sunjata, Nate and Zeph was: the last time he'd mentioned Nate's name, Zeph hadn't even known who he was. Still, he didn't want to intrude too much...and from what details he did know of Zeph's occupation, he wondered if he'd like what he heard. "Mmm...be careful." He said in the end, hoping Zeph realised that Sunjata and Nate could likely beat him between them.

They settled back into walking and Sam was relieved to see that in the distance, when he squinted, he could see the beginnings of rooftops: not that long to go. Of course, there was quite the job when he actually reached his home, but the sooner they got there the sooner they could leave. He was looking out over the same empty landscape as Zeph, thinking about how oddly drab it looked now, when he was asked if he'd miss it. "...I don't know. I think it's less that I'll miss it and more that it was all I knew for so long, so it feels safe. But I've had a lot of bad times here and...well. Torchline is certainly more beautiful."

The sombre mood that came over him was of course completely smashed when Zeph referred to 'the big black cock', something that had Sam looking behind him somewhat worried what he was about to see: finally realising Zeph meant the Spire he began to laugh, hand over his mouth for a moment as he tried to control it. "It's...I've never heard it called that. Ahem. That's the Spire; The Voice...or...The Core? Used to be kept in it by the Old Gods. We freed her, though. I was actually one of the people there, though I left before we saw the escape."
The blind man sleeps in the doorway, his home
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom - by Samuel - 07-10-2020, 01:29 PM