Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
How can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
"Mmm...well, I should still be careful. But yes, I can go out to the beach during the day for a little now. Maybe we could go swimming more." Sam suggested, a smile on his face as he thought about one of his new favourite hobbies, swimming in the sea. There was something about it that was more freeing than the Oasis or rivers in the Greatwood and getting to spend time with Zeph just made it all the better.

While it was hard to recover from the spire being referred to as a 'big black cock', Sam managed to get a straight face together as he nodded to Zeph's queston. He wasn't sure how much the average Torchliner knew about the war or the Voice's part in it and didn't want to add any more fuel to the fire than necessary, so he didn't say too much. "That's right. She was in there for about three hundred years, I think."

As for what exactly the Core was...honestly, Sam himself wasn't too sure. The Voice had explain vaguely but he hadn't understood and he'd been scared to ask more. "Erm...it's...I think it's...a part of the Voice, but not? But also is. Though it's also a family member? And a lot of people at once, but also one person?" Uselessly gesturing in front of himself as if any series of hand movements could make this clear, Sam shrugged. "...As you can tell, I'm not really too sure. When she was taken out, the barrier fell, which was what people really wanted."

The last question, what the appeal of being Ascended was, was both easier and harder to answer. Sam kicked a stone in the road, which bumped up little dust clouds as it scattered around before them. "I mean...for me, it was mostly to please my parents. If I was given the choice as an adult, I wouldn't do it. For those that do, though...I suppose they might like the living forever or the upgrades...you don't get sick or tired." He shrugged. "You'd have to ask someone that chose to do it themselves; oh. That reminds me."

Rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, Sam looked across to Zeph with a small smile. "Since I'm alright now, I don't need to drink from you anymore." He watched carefully, wondering if Zeph would seem more relieved or disappointed.
The blind man sleeps in the doorway, his home
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom - by Samuel - 07-13-2020, 06:46 PM