Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
How can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Happy with plans to swim in the future, Sam found a little bit more spring in his step, helped when Zeph didn't have anything more to ask about the Core; not Sam's favourite subject (like most secrets the Voice kept, he was sure that when it was revealed, it was going to cause some kind of problem); the path seemed to move quickly along, even with the awkwardness arising from Zeph's non-reaction to his words.

Pretending he wasn't disappointed that Zeph hadn't asked him to drink forever, he used a shortcut through the town to get to his house all the quicker, finally wiggling the key in the door as the sun was coming to it's morning position in the sky. The second he did open it, two things happened: an immediate smell of dust hit them both and Mia came running out of the house, intertwining herself in Sam's legs. With a laugh, Sam knelt down and picked her up, cuddling her close and kissing the top of her head: once he had thoroughly greeted his companion he turned to Zeph. "This is Mia. Um. ...I was hoping she could come back with us."
The blind man sleeps in the doorway, his home
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom - by Samuel - 07-14-2020, 10:58 PM