Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
How can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Sam noticed Zeph peering over his shoulder and couldn't help but smile, finding it amusing that anyone could be interested in his dull little house. Before he could invite him in though, Zeph was asking his question and Sam shook his head, kissing the top of Mia's head again as she rubbed up against his chin. "She's not a normal cat. When I met her, she was in my attic and she'd lived alone for years here, eating bats and so on. If there's an emergency, she knows she can go to my sister's bakery. There's a hole in the roof that she can come in and out of."

Gently Sam put Mia down and stepped into the house, leaning over to light a candle by the door with a match left by it's side. "I told her I'd go and see how Torchline was and if I liked it, I'd come back to get her after Longnight. She didn't want to go all the way if I wasn't going to stay there..but it seems like I am, so she can come this time." He smiled at his companion and nodded, as if confirming these words to her.

They walked into Sam's living room: two large comfortable armchairs either side of a fireplace, a painting of his family all stern-faced above and a tray with a kettle on it between them. Stairs to the upstairs were to the right, and to the left was a door to the kitchen. All around there were books, piled on furniture and the floor, giving the whole place a chaotic atmosphere. Going to reach for a shelf above the stairs, Sam pulled out a large suitcase. "I'm going to pack some things...I suppose the rest I'll leave here for now. Maybe I could give it to an Outlander, once I'm sure there's nothing personal." He put the suitcase down on an armchair then paused, looking over the room.

"It's...odd. I've lived here for over ten years now. I'm happy to be going to Torchline, but..." He shrugged. "It's a little sad, too."
The blind man sleeps in the doorway, his home
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom - by Samuel - 07-15-2020, 09:29 PM