I can offer imperfection
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
His stoic silence does not dissuade her impassioned remarks. It's his manner, his make, and she knows he needs time to reflect and consider what she's asking. It's no less than Evie would want from him. What she's asking is no small thing, after all, and she'd be leery of any immediate response. Instead she does what she can - lays it all upon the metaphorical table, allowing him to peruse not only her request but her as a person. Submitting herself to his tempered gaze, far more adept at leading than she will ever be. Seeking to measure herself up against those he has known and felled in the past, wondering if she will make the mark. If Evie is even capable of becoming, with time, a leader he would want to follow.

When he does answer, she in turn gives him the same dues, the respect he deserves when he poses his own inquiries. It's more than just asking if she fits into his ideals - if he agrees, he will be a pivotal part of their government. Does he fit with her as well? Can they be a team long term, politically? "I do. Something big." Being born here, it's like having her fingers to the pulse of the entire Grounds, and she hasn't missed the stutters and starts of impending chaos. But when she meets his eyes, her own are flinty with years of honed resolve. Of starving in a magical bubble, of striving and scraping and bleeding into barren dirt with nothing but her will and might to get her by. She may be inexperienced, that's true. But Evie has never been lacking in stubbornness, and she has faced every death, every sacrifice, every loss that Caido has thrown at her with chin held high. Today is not the day that changes.

"If I expected you'd be the type to back down, I wouldn't be here asking for you to stand at my side." Naturals know that weakness gets burned out in Caido. There is no room for it, not if you want to survive. Lifting her hand, she presents it, never looking away from his eyes even as she privately hopes that he will take it. Seal them together as the first two of this new government. "I may be new to this, but I'll do whatever needs to be done to keep my people safe. You? You're the one I know I can rely on to help make that a reality." He had trained her, honed her battle skills. Though it will not be his official title, the time will come when she will consider him a trusted advisor in this new role as well. "Will you be my General? So we may face this together, and protect our kin?"
reckless at heart but never unkind
in a perfect world we could've been fine

Table Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
I can offer imperfection - by Evie - 07-02-2020, 11:54 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Deimos - 07-03-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Evie - 07-03-2020, 09:58 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Deimos - 07-04-2020, 11:42 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Evie - 07-11-2020, 07:00 AM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Deimos - 07-12-2020, 06:30 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Evie - 07-17-2020, 06:38 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Deimos - 07-17-2020, 11:02 PM