I can offer imperfection
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
It hurts to have to ask him to move on so soon, but though she's no longer the praying type, she hopes that there will be at least the briefest of respites for him to come to terms with what has happened, and what now lays in his future. Unlikely perhaps with Caido's inclinations, but if that is to be their fate then hopefully they will both have enough time to at least come to grips with their new roles, in order to properly defend against what may lie ahead.

Her goldenfire head nods in agreement, having already drafted a few internal ideas regarding such fortifications and establishments. LongNight, too, is not something she can ignore, though she pauses when Deimos speaks of it. Something is weighted in his tone, inescapable, and her blue eyes come up slowly to lock with his. Seeming to know that what came next would change everything. There's no real way to brace, but at least she only reveals herself with a swift exhale as the news is delivered. "And they...chose not to." Her lips feel numb as she speaks what immediately comes to mind. Her thoughts flit to Sam, the betrayal of his silence feeling insurmountable in that moment. Why hadn't he come to her? Surely they could have added their numbers to the cause, if that was what had stayed their hands? Evie has no love for The Voice, and surely there would have been opportunity aplenty for her to twist her devilish hands and make things worse, but surely they should have tried?

A hand comes to push her hair back, barely refraining from staggering away from him as her breast seems to open up into a cavernous downfall of grief and anger. "Then we will take the choice from their hands. No more of my people will die, and certainly not because of The Voice or the Ascended deciding to play God all over again." Her anger is inflammatory, undeniable, and it trembles like earthquakes in her mountainous voice. When she sees Sam next...

Gods, she doesn't even want to envision it.
reckless at heart but never unkind
in a perfect world we could've been fine

Table Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
I can offer imperfection - by Evie - 07-02-2020, 11:54 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Deimos - 07-03-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Evie - 07-03-2020, 09:58 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Deimos - 07-04-2020, 11:42 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Evie - 07-11-2020, 07:00 AM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Deimos - 07-12-2020, 06:30 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Evie - 07-17-2020, 06:38 PM
RE: I can offer imperfection - by Deimos - 07-17-2020, 11:02 PM