emptiness in harmony
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
she didn't want to love
she wanted to b e l o v e d
and that was entirely different
She can feel the question before it comes, her head already shaking. But she holds her tongue, letting her sister speak and explain, each word a searing burst of pain for the woman she loves so dearly, who had never known the joy and purpose of belonging to the gods. Her mouth opens to extend an offer Evie clearly expects, falling shut just as quickly, sad disappointment clear in her face. Not for Evie - never for Evie - but for the state of their world, a reality in which the gods must differentiate for fear of another imbalance.

Another Voice.

She winces and bites her lip at the mention of that goddess, bitterly unsurprised by the betrayal. "Sam left her," the Shield says softly, her only interjection thus far. Sam had seen how destructive the Voice could be. Surely their family can at least unite on this point, now.

It isn't until Evie turns that Amalia moves from her work, slipping out from behind the counter and into a space by her sister. A space carved out for her, a space made by something deeper than blood. Slender arms wrap around the new Queen's waist; a golden crown tears upon the crimson shoulder. Silence. Comfort. Forgiveness. Love.

This is all she can give.

"I'm sorry, Evie." The low dark alto so rich and fragile, so much like her mother's voice. Amalia is sorry for so many things, this not least among them. "I will always be here for you, to support you... To love you. But I can't." Closing her eyes, the Shield shudders a sigh. "You want an Oracle, but as long as the Voice's presence is allowed, and her influence... I can't be part of it. And I won't put you in a position of choosing between your people and my gods. I... Wouldn't wish that on anyone else."
Amalia
we are all b r o k e n
that's how the
l i g h t gets in

Messages In This Thread
emptiness in harmony - by Evie - 07-03-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: emptiness in harmony - by Amalia - 07-04-2020, 06:47 PM
RE: emptiness in harmony - by Evie - 07-11-2020, 04:23 AM
RE: emptiness in harmony - by Amalia - 07-13-2020, 01:05 PM
RE: emptiness in harmony - by Evie - 07-17-2020, 06:52 PM
RE: emptiness in harmony - by Amalia - 07-20-2020, 12:57 PM
RE: emptiness in harmony - by Evie - 07-23-2020, 04:58 AM