Dazed and Confused

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"Oh?" She mused. Here the word had always just meant her. Any connotation originated in the goddess, any tangential meaning was at its core still a reflection of her.

"In a way...perhaps in the beginning, long before, we might have thought it was yourselves we were protecting you from. But as your hubris grew and some of you claimed to be more—" Tsking the deity shook her head with clear displeasure. "Now it is the outside world that is protected from what remains locked within. " As he prodded her towards answers of history, the being sighed wearily. "What happened was there was a war. And beings more powerful than I put an end to it the only way they knew how. By cutting off the source of the conflict from the rest of the world."

Tilting her head as the mortal man loftily tried to position himself as one of those who might speak with her, rather than at her, she silently wondered how it was someone with no self-proclaimed experience in these waters, was suddenly so eager to go for a swim.

"Happy?" Safrin asked, genuine surprise wrinkling across her features like a rock leaving ripples as it was skipped across a pond. Her eyes ancient and knowing narrowed for just a moment as she considered. "In the embrace of eternity, happiness is not for me what it is for you. Things here are contained. As they are meant to be."

Many did in fact ask the goddess what they could do to please her. After all, supplicating before a powerful being who'd been rumored to give out boons and her affection to those she valued and adored only made sense. Did she ever feel that they were simply here for her?

Of course not. Naivety was not a luxury for a being such as she. Still...

"I enjoy hearing my name spoken again. The dusty pages of history books are no place for me." She said simply, a sweet smile playing on her painted lips.

Safrin
The devil is not as black as he is painted

Messages In This Thread
Dazed and Confused - by Alistair - 01-08-2019, 01:03 PM
RE: Dazed and Confused - by Safrin - 01-09-2019, 04:21 PM
RE: Dazed and Confused - by Alistair - 01-10-2019, 07:17 PM
RE: Dazed and Confused - by Safrin - 01-10-2019, 11:27 PM
RE: Dazed and Confused - by Alistair - 01-12-2019, 01:02 PM
RE: Dazed and Confused - by Safrin - 01-13-2019, 05:56 AM
RE: Dazed and Confused - by Alistair - 01-17-2019, 12:35 PM
RE: Dazed and Confused - by Safrin - 01-18-2019, 01:53 AM
RE: Dazed and Confused - by Alistair - 01-23-2019, 02:53 PM