Mini Event Possibilities laid out before us
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
And I'm not expecting you to care, but I have finally seen the light
Morgan did not get nervous, but she would be lying if she did not admit to being somewhat cautious about this, the first council meeting of her time as Warden. Mostly however, she was actually excited; it was a chance to really connect and talk to the people that had chosen her as their leader, to find out what they wanted and needed and work out how best to implement it.

With the council building not yet made (one thing at a time and the gates were still in the final stages of rebuilding), she had decided to hold this meeting in a Snowcloak inn's hall big enough to host most of the people who would want to attend and warm enough that they wouldn't be too uncomfortable during it. Sat on a barstool at the top of the hall she waited for them to file in, her council sat either side of her: just two of them at the moment, but she was determined not to let that stop her.

As they arrived, she would greet those she knew and welcome those she didn't. When finally enough were there she stood and looking across the room, addressed them: "Hello. I am hoping this is the beginning of a great tradition for our people. I want my time as Warden to be a period where I do not rule over anybody, but with the people of the Citadel, organising your wants and desires into plans with our council. In that mind...if there is anything you believe needs addressing or assistance in the Citadel that we are not aware of, this is the time to say it."
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
I am not a scholar and I don't believe in fate
Noah still wasn't entirely sure what his job all entailed. But, this he knew, fell heavily on his list of responsibilities. Morgan set up a time and space for the people of Halo to speak their concerns, wants, desires, troubles. He was the Chief of Public Affairs. In the future, as the Citadel bloomed once more with activity, he imagined that he will be sitting in the seat Morgan occupied, rather than beside her. One day, these will be his meetings to run. His problems to hear. His information to relay to the rest of the council and their warden. He shifted, looking somewhat uncomfortable sitting before the people.

He listened to Morgan's words. He looked out at the people gathered. He remembered sitting in their spaces, a child, with another Warden long gone and forgotten, speaking words of their bustling city and the needs of the people. Noah knew that Warden to have died out in the tundra, his entire expedition lost to the cold and snow. He couldn't remember much from the meeting except for people shouting. His own father had had issues with that Warden, he remembered, but the Olson man had always kept his composure even when angered. Noah knew that, if something happened here, he would need to channel that same sense within himself.

NOAH
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE
let's set the world on fire
He attended, with piles of notes ready to hand out to any citizen who wanted a copy of the ambitious plans he had for the region. He felt more prepared to face the masses, even after his rather confronting talk with Korbin. There was little more he could do aside from explain again and again what his intentions were, what the plans were, every aspect of them pulled apart and drilled down into its most fundamental qualities.

He wanted to get this right. And he didn't want to only half do it, either. He was determined, and convinced that with the help of the masses, they could establish something to carry Halo into the future, to weather whatever storm might come, to give them not only a secure means of feeding themselves, but also an economic foothold that didn't depend so much on the season or risk so many lives out hunting so often.

With a nod to Morgan and Noah when she glanced their way, he sat on a stool beside her, heard her words, and waited for what might come.
we can burn brighter than the sun
Jace Launceleyn
Eirachi's Pawn/Grand Sorcerer of the Arcane Academy

Age: 31 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
tell the wolves i'm home
Jace had arrived quietly, staying near the back. He had no particular interest in the workings of the council or government or whatever this was, but he did want official approval of his position in the community. It would be necessary, after all, given the mess of a state his mother had left things in. Leaning against a support post he waited until the floor was opened for comment before straightening.

"I made a notice about it, but I figured I ought to make sure you saw. I'll be taking over the Academy. It is my natural inheritance and I have been trained by Eirachi." Jace said, tone as soft as ever, even at the elecated volume so he could be heard. Even so, he spoke with directness and confidence, not shyness. Icy green eyes glanced around, wondering if any would challenge him for it, Warden included.
JACE

Coding base by Odd/Sky!
Hester Mac Girr An Adhastair
Bard

Age: 27 | Height: 5’4” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Every word could make or break you, make 'em celebrate or hate you
Though she didn't have much to say, many suggestions, there was still a part of Hester that insisted she attend the inaugural council meeting. She wanted to be involved, wanted to be an active member of the community, wanted to see her still unfortunately active crush object in charge officially for the first time. It's exciting, no matter her underlying reasons. And it seems to be going smoothly, at least, until the stranger stands.

Strangers were less uncommon now than they'd ever been before, but something about this one made Hester uncomfortable, even before he spoke. And his words only rub her the wrong way, the quiet voice nearly bordering on a bored arrogance. She turns, where she is seated, to stare at him, wondering if anyone is going to say anything. Brown eyes turn back to Morgan, Hester worrying her lip before she stood, straight as she can.

There is a marked difference between performing and speaking in front of the community, but Hester tries to tap into her confidence, if only to keep her voice from shaking as she speaks, sure that she is not alone in feeling patronized by this man. "We used the Academy building as a safe place for the community over Longnight. Why would it not continue to operate in that capacity, serving all of us, instead of only a few?" As she speaks, her nervous hands grow still, and her voice grows louder. "Should we not be reclaiming these places as our own, instead of letting strangers divide us?"
Hester
Jace Launceleyn
Eirachi's Pawn/Grand Sorcerer of the Arcane Academy

Age: 31 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
tell the wolves i'm home
Cold eyes shifted slowly over to the woman who rose and spoke out against him. His expression did not change, he did not sneer or glare, his face as frozen into a state of blankness as the rest of him. She had an awfully big pair to call someone raised by the Eirachi a stranger, he would give her that much. "I never said it wouldn't be open for LongNight again, just that I would take over its operations." he said, unphased by her accusations, unfounded as they were.

"Halo is the only home I can remember knowing. I am only a stranger to you." he added, eyes looking back at Morgan. Surely she had some sense to see this was a ploy to cause discord. All he did was make his birth-right claim to the place, sheesh. "The only one who has drawn any lines of division, is you." he said, looking back at the woman once more.
JACE

Coding base by Odd/Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Beatrix
Beatrix was silent, seated next to her brother, her gaze wandering over faces, taking in the girls’ words. Hester’s movements were nervous, anxious, and Beatrix’s lips curved slightly. She’d promised to observe, to listen, not to speak. She seemed to have a hard time making people feel at ease—and firmly believed that was not her fault, nor something she should fix.

The girl fretted over the building being a safe place during LongNight—some good that’d done her—and her head tilted slightly. When had Jace’s words ever implied that the building would be closed to the people of Snowcloak? Her lips pursed when the girl called them strangers—she might be considered a stranger, but Jace?

He was more or less raised in Halo. Her foot tapped against the floor, as she averted her gaze from Hester, dark eyes searching the crowd to see if any opposed her brother, as he explained himself. And she continued to stay silent, even if she really wanted to have words with the woman. It wouldn't serve in their interest, in the Academy's interest, if she spoke.
Let's see how long you'll last, puppet.
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
With her councilmen on either side, Morgan found that she felt confident about the meeting; she held her ale easily in her hands, leaning back on the bar as she watched those that had something to say enter. Usually, she was one for rules and stiff-backed-formality, but she wanted to really stress to her people in the Citadel that this was a meeting of equals, that she was here to facilitate and mediate, not demand or silence.

Honestly, she wasn't really sure how the conversation would begin, but it seemed Jace had an idea. Shortly after everyone had entered he spoke, announcing himself and his position. Morgan found his pompous attitude, the way he felt it necessary to mention Eirachi to everyone already, quite distasteful, but she was not opposed to him delivering the news: she had not however expected Hester to speak up.

The young woman had seemed unconnected from politics the last time they had spoke. For a moment Morgan let the two talk between themselves, then stepped in, adding: "I would assume that Jace, as he has said, would be willing to still house people in Longnight: if he was not willing I would be concerned. Remember Hester, he is not a member of our council. If I felt he was doing anything to endanger our Citadel, I would take action to stop it - for the moment though, he is correct. The Academy was his mothers, and if he wishes to take it..." She shrugged.
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Ningo Farmer

Age: 30 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
He watched people arrive, smiling warmly at those he recognised, smiling politely at those he was yet to officially meet. A moment seemed to pass, before the first thing was raised - and he shouldn't have been surprised, not after his chat with Beatrix. So this was Jace, speaking as if he owned the place already - Chulane was still puzzled as to how one could claim they owned an entire school just because their mother had run it, but then, this world was very different to his.

He too was surprised when Hester spoke up, but welcomed her words, for they were along similar lines to his own thoughts. But it would seem their concerns were unfounded, or promptly resolved, as Jace and Morgan weighed in again with assurances that should it be appropriate, the Academy would be available to the masses once more.

Satisfied with that line of discussion for now, Chuy shifted in his seat, before standing with a nod to Morgan. He'd spent a great deal of time discussing his plans with her, the many different ways they could be executed, and it was time now to test them against the masses.

"Some of you know me already, or have possibly heard of my plans at least," he began. "I am Chulane, Chief of Agriculture. I have hopes that we can build a farm here that will take advantage of an abundant resource Halo already has - ningos. To do this I will need as much help as I can get, but I am confident that once it is established, it will give Halo a resource of food, insulation materials, and fertiliser, with the hopes that down the track we might be entirely self sustaining, with a rich economy and tradeable goods to offer our counterparts in other regions." It was a big dream, an aspiration he knew would take a lot of work.

"I'd like to do two things - first, to open the floor to hear your thoughts on this. I have copies of the plans you are more than welcome to take." He gestured to the pile of papers he had brought. "Second, I would like to raise the discussion around the location of this farm. Here, in Snowcloak, or we could consider the idea of taking back Whitebrim in the name of this farm, to establish the farm out there, with a storage facility for the meat set up here in Snowcloak. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages." He put it to the people, the details of each option noted in his plans that he freely gave out to whoever wanted a copy.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
For the moment it seemed the tension had dissipated: as Chulane began to speak Morgan relaxed, taking a drink as she listened. Hopefully, agricultural plans weren't going to spark many arguments (she could not see Korbin in the audience). She had already let Chulane know that she approved of the plans and hearing them again she nodded, glad that she had asked him to be on the council. His clear passion for the work shone through and she felt hope for the future, something that had been bubbling in her chest a few times in the last weeks.

She gestured for one of the guards to pass the papers around that had been brought, taking one herself to pass an eye over. "I believe either option would be possible, but that for the moment establishing the farm in Snowcloak might be easier. While the threat in Whitebrim has been for the moment neutralised, we cannot guarantee it is entirely safe or that it will continue to be so, and we would need to find another place to send exiled citizens. That said.." Morgan tilted her head side to side and shrugged. "With the new portals, perhaps we could look into new possibilities when it comes to exile."
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Beatrix
Beatrix listened as Chuy--the man she had said must have a boring job, as he merely delivered groceries--spoke on agriculture. And she smirked, amused with him. He could have shut her up at any time, but he let her have her views on his position. Interesting.

She raised a hand, rather than standing to speak, "Whitebrim has buildings that are not in use, not in the best of conditions but... definitely repairable. It might be good to take it back." Her voice was neutral, "Doing things the easier way, tends to make it harder later. Like if the ningo farm needed to expand later, or be moved..." She doesn't speak on how she knows the buildings in Whitebrim are repairable, nor does she introduce herself. Glued to her brother's side, she's decided that should be enough to say who she is.
Let's see how long you'll last, puppet.
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
As Beatrix spoke up, Morgan nodded at what she had to say, seeing the sense in it. Easier was not always better; when it came to agriculture she didn't know how worthwhile it was to make the bigger effort. "Well, I suppose that is for Chulane to decide. I support either way of doing things, though if you are intending to head to Whitebrim, please take your preparation seriously. It is very dangerous in that area of the Fangs."
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!
Ningo Farmer

AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
CHULANE
He waited, and listened, pleased to hear murmurings in the crowd, mostly nods and only a few frowns to be seen amongst them. Morgan spoke first, raising valid points, things that would need to be discussed further if the Whitebrim option were to be a success. Then Beatrix speaks up, and cleverly identified points that he had also considered when chewing over the options before them.

The warning from Morgan was accepted with a very sincere expression and nod. Not yet feeling capable of surviving the Whitebrim option long term was why he had hadn't yet fully owned the idea of it - he needed to get stronger, in his body, in his knowledge.

"The Whitebrim path would take a lot longer to implement, for those reasons. I would want to wait until Longheat before even starting to build there, to ensure the roads were as clear as possible for easier access.

"I see it like this: If we build the farm on the Snowcloak border, it is easier to assign guards to patrol it, and for workers to return home at the end of their days, should they not want to reside on the onsite farm residences. But, I feel like the farm that close would potentially draw more attention from predators, putting more than just the farm at risk - potentially putting the whole city at risk."
And that, he didn't want to do.

"The Whitebrim option gives us the benefit of having the foundations of residences to refurbish and put to use, the space to expand as far as we need to, and possibly a chance to offer lawbreakers a chance to rehabilitate rather than exile." He paused, to let his words sink in. "Other regions have prisons, from what I've learned. As a last resort, I would perhaps consider seeing if they would have room for those who earn such treatment. But before that option is considered, send them still to Whitebrim, but to work instead. To earn back trust, to contribute to their community."

It was an ambitious idea, growing bigger every time he looked at the plans.

"The risks with Whitebrim are obvious. The presence of predators being more prevalent. The need to have guards posted so far away from the Citadel, perhaps on week-long rosters before they swapped with city guard duty? The distance itself. I think having the main storage for the products of the farm in Snowcloak proper would be prudent. Come Deepfrost however, the route would be virtually impossible to navigate for the cold, with Longnight proving an unknown challenge still. But, during that time, the ningos will keep producing, keep breeding, ensuring fresh supply is ready for the Citadel as soon as the sun rises in Flowerbirth.

"For either option, I would like to look into magical means of protections as well, if they are available to us."
He'd covered most points that he wanted to, laid it all out, expanding on the points both Morgan and Beatrix had made in such a way that he hoped he demonstrated he had considered all possible angles of this venture very seriously. He sighed, knowing a decision was expected of him on this matter.

"I would like to do the Whitebrim option." He said in a clear voice. "Even if proper work out there can't start until Longheat, there is still plenty to do here - build the storage facility, and start identifying ideal birds to make up the breeding stock. But this is not my project alone." he spread his hands. "It's going to need everyone to make it work."
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
Chulane spoke at length about his plans and Morgan let him, listening carefully and nodding at the appropriate moments. She was not knowledgeable about this topic, so let him speak, at least until he had finished and there was room for some of her tactical input: "Well, Chulane. You put together a plan of what you think you might need and I will discuss it with you. Once we have a list of what is needed to be gathered and done, you can begin plans to move forward. I'd like to see a start on the plans by Leafchange."

With that said she looked over the crowd. "Does anyone have anything else to discuss?"

This thread will be archived on Monday 3rd August if no one else has anything to add.
Morgan
Base Code by Sky!