Mini Event Possibilities laid out before us
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE
let's set the world on fire
He waited, and listened, pleased to hear murmurings in the crowd, mostly nods and only a few frowns to be seen amongst them. Morgan spoke first, raising valid points, things that would need to be discussed further if the Whitebrim option were to be a success. Then Beatrix speaks up, and cleverly identified points that he had also considered when chewing over the options before them.

The warning from Morgan was accepted with a very sincere expression and nod. Not yet feeling capable of surviving the Whitebrim option long term was why he had hadn't yet fully owned the idea of it - he needed to get stronger, in his body, in his knowledge.

"The Whitebrim path would take a lot longer to implement, for those reasons. I would want to wait until Longheat before even starting to build there, to ensure the roads were as clear as possible for easier access.

"I see it like this: If we build the farm on the Snowcloak border, it is easier to assign guards to patrol it, and for workers to return home at the end of their days, should they not want to reside on the onsite farm residences. But, I feel like the farm that close would potentially draw more attention from predators, putting more than just the farm at risk - potentially putting the whole city at risk."
And that, he didn't want to do.

"The Whitebrim option gives us the benefit of having the foundations of residences to refurbish and put to use, the space to expand as far as we need to, and possibly a chance to offer lawbreakers a chance to rehabilitate rather than exile." He paused, to let his words sink in. "Other regions have prisons, from what I've learned. As a last resort, I would perhaps consider seeing if they would have room for those who earn such treatment. But before that option is considered, send them still to Whitebrim, but to work instead. To earn back trust, to contribute to their community."

It was an ambitious idea, growing bigger every time he looked at the plans.

"The risks with Whitebrim are obvious. The presence of predators being more prevalent. The need to have guards posted so far away from the Citadel, perhaps on week-long rosters before they swapped with city guard duty? The distance itself. I think having the main storage for the products of the farm in Snowcloak proper would be prudent. Come Deepfrost however, the route would be virtually impossible to navigate for the cold, with Longnight proving an unknown challenge still. But, during that time, the ningos will keep producing, keep breeding, ensuring fresh supply is ready for the Citadel as soon as the sun rises in Flowerbirth.

"For either option, I would like to look into magical means of protections as well, if they are available to us."
He'd covered most points that he wanted to, laid it all out, expanding on the points both Morgan and Beatrix had made in such a way that he hoped he demonstrated he had considered all possible angles of this venture very seriously. He sighed, knowing a decision was expected of him on this matter.

"I would like to do the Whitebrim option." He said in a clear voice. "Even if proper work out there can't start until Longheat, there is still plenty to do here - build the storage facility, and start identifying ideal birds to make up the breeding stock. But this is not my project alone." he spread his hands. "It's going to need everyone to make it work."
we can burn brighter than the sun

Messages In This Thread
Possibilities laid out before us - by Morgan - 07-07-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: Possibilities laid out before us - by Noah - 07-09-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: Possibilities laid out before us - by Chulane - 07-10-2020, 07:00 AM
RE: Possibilities laid out before us - by Jace - 07-12-2020, 03:57 PM
RE: Possibilities laid out before us - by Hester - 07-13-2020, 05:41 AM
RE: Possibilities laid out before us - by Jace - 07-13-2020, 08:54 PM
RE: Possibilities laid out before us - by Beatrix - 07-13-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Possibilities laid out before us - by Morgan - 07-13-2020, 09:51 PM
RE: Possibilities laid out before us - by Chulane - 07-16-2020, 02:37 AM
RE: Possibilities laid out before us - by Morgan - 07-19-2020, 05:23 PM