[se] resounding with waves
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

After dinners and discomfort, after apprehension and consternation, all the beast craved to do was run; unhinged, unleashed, unfurled from the wicked doldrums and the wild storms. Tempestuous derision slanted along limbs and marrow, flesh and bone, until his blood boiled, and then it was only hound predilections, a seething torrent of swift precision, gliding over stonework, along market squares, and through alleyways. Minimal comfort in the rush and fervency of movement, in action rather than wallowing soullessness, in the drenching of one too many mistakes, flaws, and defects.

But he was not so adept at navigating Torchline, the region unfamiliar, despite prior sojourns (to beaches, to the sea, to something beyond worlds that used to be called home). The heathen’s wanderings took him directly to canals, not recognizing them from any previous journey, interlude, or travels. A tilt of his canine head indicated his confusion, and he automatically meandered closer to the edge of one, sniffing at it, portions and pieces of slate and stone running off into the water. Not certain of its purpose, he continued on down the line of rock, investigating, scrutinizing, and examining, stepping away from the sides, still following, trailing, along its wake.

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Delta
See the light as it shines on the sea? It's blinding
But no one knows, how deep it goes
Canals. Are. Gorgeous.

The sense of sadness Delta had been experiencing due to her curse were gone, somewhat, thanks to this new addition into her life. She truly was sad, still, but it wasn't nearly as bad now that she had this fantastic new thing to explore. It allowed her to shove away anything negative. Was it healthy? Far from it, but did it make her feel better temporarily? Absolutely.

In her eyes, a bit of exploring of the canals wouldn't be too bad.

She chose a time where she believed it wouldn't be too crowded and sure enough, it didn't seem too bad. Then again, she had never actually seen the roads like this.

Swimming along. she'd try her best to gaze around at the buildings as she made her way through the canals. Every so often she'd pause, glance around, before continuing on. Her eyes were wide and mouth ever so slightly agape, amazed by how breathtaking this world looked.

It was when she was swimming forward that she noticed a figure along the canals. Slowly swimming up to the surface, she only allowed her head to push out of the water. Looking forward, she saw an animal- something she had never seen before. It kinda looked like a dog but it was also absolutely massive!! Was it a threat? Delta really wasn't sure so instead, she remained quiet, watching the creature cautiously, prepared to fight back with her magic if needed.
And it seems like it's calling out to me, so come find me
And let me know, what's beyond that line, will I cross that line?
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Nose pressed downward, he followed and tracked an unfamiliar scent, until it ceased along water edges, the notches of the canal. Ripples in the water caught his attention, expecting some animal to rise from the surface, catch its breath, then meander back down again, habitual, routine natures for sea creatures.

What he hadn’t predicted was a person’s head ascending past the veneer, quiet, staring, nothing formed out the exchange. He watched and waited for several beats, for something to pass, for a melding of moments – but then nothing. He tilted his head, eyes narrowing into scrupulous speculation, mind churning into the potential of the individual, the stranger, before him. Hadn’t he heard rumors they’d built these canals for the mermaids, permitting them to traverse back and forth, rather than being isolated to the sea? The beast snorted, uncertain how they’d communicate, or if this was even one of their species. He sat back on his haunches, proclaiming no threat despite the massive bulk, size, and fangs, the deep rumble of Attuned nature cast out into the ether. Merfolk?

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Every day's a little harder as I feel my power grow
Delta... hadn't exactly seen a dog, never this close. Honestly, she hadn't seen a ton of creatures up close, leading to her intense curiosity of it all. So it was no surprise that she found herself staring up at the giant beast who only seemed to be staring right back at her. She was always ready to run- thankfully her small fish shift would allow her an easy escape and she could always use her normal tail as a defense mechanism as well. It hadn't happened quite yet, but it was always an option-

Or it WAS until she randomly shifted into her stupid shark form. A sigh of annoyance echoed through the attuned bond before something else cut through- a voice. Was that... the dog beast? Uh... yes? I am the shark- yes... are you... the big big dog? There was exhaustion to her voice- but also still remnants of her curiosity. It wasn't everyday that she got to see a big ol' dog. As a shark it was nearly impossible to get a good look at the thing, but she could at least try to talk to him?

I am a mermaid. Yes.

Delta rolled a 16 so ouch, she's now a shark
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go into the unknown?
delta
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

His lack of intimidating poise or aura didn’t seem to matter – his presence alone was a matter of apprehension. The beast presumed it’d scarcely alter or change thing if he shifted back to human form, for even then he was a towering monolith. He remained sitting, watching, waiting, tilting his head as the youth instantly morphed into a shark. Were they capable of more than one aquatic form? Curiosity coiled and convoluted along his machinating mind, and then his shoulders shrugged; Merfolk were an entirely new prospect and unknown for him altogether. For all he knew, they could change into anything tied to the sea.

Hellhound, he announced, though big, big dog seemed to cover the description of his entity enough. Confirmation of her own existence complied, and then there was naught at all. Not to be diminished in his inquiry and need for answers, sometimes a scholar over a soldier, and not even remotely bothered by her form, he sniffed at the canals again. What are these? I have seen others trying to reinforce them. He hadn’t gauged their purpose or why they’d chosen their actions – the Moonlit Tides had rested firmly beside the sea, and hadn’t incorporated the wiles of the currents or waves into their residence – permitting the beckoning siren to remain close at hand, but not fully occupying their space. Neither had the Edge; he’d listened to the tides crashing into its cliff boundaries, curling in the mist and midst.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Every day's a little harder as I feel my power grow
Her tail swished lightly through the water as she inched forward slowly, keeping a soft but steady movement going. It was kinda what she had to do- stopping wasn't an option in this shift. His voice rang out responding and she would've nodded if possible. Interesting... I've never heard of a Hellhound before. Is it a creature from one of the other lands? It was better to openly state that she didn't know than to play along and look dumb over a silly mistake. Hopefully he'd be gentle and kind with her lack of knowledge.

There was a question tossed her way and in that moment, Delta regretted her limited sightlines. A soft sigh was heard through the bond before she commented. Do you mean the canals? I'm sorry- I cant see well in this form. I cant look up very well. It was a bit embarrassing, really. If you mean the canals, then they're brand new. The humans helped us get them through Safrin... it's really nice. I never got to get close to a building ever before.... your buildings are very pretty. Assuming all human buildings looked the same, of course.
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go into the unknown?
delta
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

Her curiosity was an understandable thing, and perhaps his too as he watched her swim around in circles along this form. Perhaps. I am not certain. How or why he’d acquired the shift was beyond realms of pragmatic thought, often times it was much like his magic: conjured from somewhere unknown. Maybe like her current configuration – though no fear coincided along his veins from the shark movements and motions. It was something easily evaded or fended off; quick, efficient motions from long limbs, or a hastening of flight.

Or, like in the case of his history with landsharks, a swift death.

But she bore no threat, so he listened, calmly, quietly, a stoic thing on the canal edges. Brand new notions designed by Safrin herself, which made the slightest quirking of a brow, before he returned to his residual, indifferent stance. Since the Merfolk couldn’t possibly mean the buildings in Hollowed Grounds, the one ruined and dilapidated, half-painted, falling in, or newly resurrected and reborn (the Temple came to mind), he presumed she meant Torchline’s reaches. Not something he could take credit for, the monolith shrugged. Do you gain the ability to walk on land? At some point, like everyone else surged in power, in prestige?

Then, glancing along the rest of the structure, surveying what some had left behind, he maneuvered away from the fringes and boundaries of the water. Snagging several bags of sand in his mouth, jawline taut, he returned to place them along the sides, and start reinforcing.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
Thankfully, being a shark was short lived as she soon shifted back. It was pretty easy to notice that she was partially shifted thanks to the obnoxious shark teeth in her mouth, but otherwise she was able to really ignore it. A fin protruding from her back and leathery skin dotting along her arms and torso were extremely apparent, but didn't bother her in the slightest.

Swimming up to the bank, she properly poked her head up and gave the Hellhound a good look. "That's much better." She watched for a moment as the dog seemingly went to work. Tilting her head to the side, she soon realized what he was doing. "Oh! Did you mean these? Not the canal?" Of course! That must be what he had been talking about!

Pointing with her hand, she clearly saw some empty bags off to the side in an open crate, thankfully labeled. "Could you bring me some empty ones? We could fill up more." There's a gentle smile to her face, combating strongly against the way she currently presented.

Now that they were off to work, she could formally address his question. "Sorry to change the subject on you. Yes, we can walk on land... but not right now... it just kinda happens sometime? It's kinda happens along with the growth of magic and stuff. Oh! And we can't always do it either." There were so many special things that went with it and Delta was sure that the hound would be pretty bored of that sort of talk.

Speaking of the hound, calling him a hound felt so rude. "I'm Delta, what's your name?"

Delta rolled a 12 so now she's partially shifted.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

She seemed to lack full control of her shifts; whether this was from a youthful standpoint or power figments, and he wasn’t about to ask. Working and maneuvering along as he’d seen others do, he only glanced up when she indicated the empty containers. In the midst of silence, he dropped the bag he’d already claimed, and hastened towards the hollowed contortions, bringing them back and along the edge, so she could continue in her own renderings.

Returning to previous actions, the beast merely listened at first – since his view, knowledge, and wisdom on merfolk were poor at best, he intended to meander along the curious, scholarly route. They could walk on land, but not during the current moment? Was it a seasonal flux? A lack of composure? It sounded somewhat familiar with the way they’d all grown since coming from their own worlds – hastening to change and prosper, caught along thralls of weakness in between. More than once they’d stumbled, incapable or ineffective, laden in misfortune or lack of strength. Perhaps, with time, then. A shrug, uncertain, how they altered and morphed, when even the humans had little explanation for their new shifts, incantations, or herald summonings.

His eyes glanced briefly back to her – corresponding the name to the face for memory’s sake – before answering her question. Deimos.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts
Delta Ngata
Explorer

CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Change author:
Delta
The empty bags are brought over and Delta is finally able to follow along and help.

Swimming on down to the ground, she cups some sand and resurfaces. Thankfully, she is still able to communicate with Deimos meanwhile. Yeah- with time, that's right. He had the exact right words to say which is great because she never knew what to say.

Back at the surface, she dumps the sand into the bag. While it is now a very soggy bag, at least she is trying her very best. "Deimos... that's a really pretty name, I like it." It's one she'd want to say a couple of times. The humming sensation is a nice thing to have in a name. M's are lovely as are names that end in S.

"Is it often that Attuned get fancy shifts like you?" A large part of her wanted to reach out and feel the fur, but no- she must show restraint. It'd be rude to do that.... but it was right there! Oh man. "I don't think I'll be able to help much... seeing as my hands are really wet. Water and sand don't work well together." Followed by some giggling as she realizes that her efforts are... well, it's hard.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

Unaware of her ministrations or machinations from below the fathoms, he continued on his own, ears flicking back and forth to note he was listening; keen, entirely, eternally aware. Bags were placed, maneuvered, hastened by paws and jaws, his Stygian shape making quick work of the surroundings.

He didn’t know what to say about the pretty name; the meaning had always held darker connotations, and he’d never corrected anyone on its measures. Sometimes it was a moon, sometimes it was darkness, sometimes it just patterns of a life from before and then after. Thank you was all he could proffer and extend in return, shuffling further down the line of bags again and again.

They can. I have seen dragons, manticores… he broke off, permitting her the notion of wondering, of pondering, how far the realities, conjectures, and possibilities remained. When they are strong enough. Capable. Had endured some other figment of raw, undulating force, been forged on the lines of fire. His great head bowed against the wind and he nudged a few more of the sand contortions into place, then surveyed the scene. We might be done anyway.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts