(SE) the past keeps hauntin' the future i imagine
open!
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MABEL

A patch for feelings, for weaknesses, made her roll her eyes, the gaze pinpointing back to the surf. “Then they should’ve known before Ascending. Or asked.” There was no doubt in her mind that the Voice would’ve answered their questions, granting and giving as much as the Brightened goddess could. Ignorance and stupidity was not a gift, and while they all floated around the ethers, attempting to find footholds in sagacity, aligning themselves with notions of information, they could’ve inquired further into what they’d be missing.

She wasn’t certain if she missed those things at all, if they were being honest. The implications when she and Evelyn asked had been there, had been presided and chewed upon, and they hadn’t looked back. Not to Old Gods and their constant ruins. Not to their perished family, gone under the reverence of their constant prayers (not doing a damned thing to save them from starving).

Mabel shrugged off the remains of any apprehension, believing herself fully justified in her response, giving a small shrug to the man on his next statement. Then her eyes went to the horizon as they meandered, closer and closer, and she hadn’t noticed the large tower-like structure from under her parasol, until it was mentioned. On those notes, she tilted her head for a moment, staring at the vast array of structures, clouds, and light. “Oh.” Which was a stupidly bland statement, but she was briefly transfixed.
I bare my teeth
and stretch my claws out

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) the past keeps hauntin' the future i imagine - by Mabel - 08-07-2020, 06:00 PM